Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to enable LTDC Line Interrupt in STM32F769

Jith cr
Associate II
Posted on May 24, 2017 at 13:38

Hi,

We are testing a parallel RGB LCD through LTDC controller in our custom board.

We are able to display different colours in the LCD.

So we are concluding the Pin configuration as well as timing configurations are fine.

We have enabled the LTDC global interrupt and Line position in LCD configuration part as below

HAL_NVIC_SetPriority(LTDC_IRQn, 0, 0);

HAL_NVIC_EnableIRQ(LTDC_IRQn);

HAL_LTDC_ProgramLineEvent(&hltdc,0);

But we found that LTDC_IRQHandler is not getting called by toggling a LED. The LED toggling is already tested in the  main program.

Can you please comment that whether above mentioned configuration is sufficient to enable the LTDC global interrupt. Are we missing any configuration for enabling the LTDC global interrupt ?

PS:

Definition for LTDC_IRQHandler() is done in the stm32f7xx_it.c file as mentioned below

void LTDC_IRQHandler(void)

{

BSP_LED_Toggle(LED5);

HAL_LTDC_IRQHandler(&hltdc);

}

Thank in advance

#ltdc #stm32f7 #ltdc-interrupt
2 REPLIES 2
Jith cr
Associate II
Posted on May 25, 2017 at 06:32

Hi,

When I found that the LTDC Interrupt Status Register (LTDC_ISR) is getting set. So the Line interrupt is getting generated. But I feel LTDC_IRQHandler is not getting called.

Is there any problem with the firmware or Am I missing any interrupt related configuration?

Posted on June 07, 2017 at 15:27

Hi Raveendran.Jith,

Have a look to LTDC examples under  http://www.st.com/content/st_com/en/products/embedded-software/mcus-embedded-software/stm32-embedded-software/stm32cube-embedded-software/stm32cubef7.html package, it may help you on your application to identify what is wrong: STM32Cube_FW_F7_V1.7.0\Projects\STM32746G-Discovery\Examples\LTDC

The AN4861 "LCD-TFT display controller (LTDC) on STM32 MCUs" provides implementation examples with enabling LTDC interrupts.

Hope this helps.

Regards

Imen

When your question is answered, please close this topic by clicking "Accept as Solution".
Thanks
Imen