cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cube .ioc file for SDRAM setup in STM32H743 Eval board

Greg Smith
Associate II
Posted on January 15, 2018 at 21:51

I am trying to get the SDRAM working in the STM32H743 Eval board. If you select the Eval board in the Cube, it sets up the pins for you, but does not fill in the memory settings. I have made my best attempt to do this based on the IF42S32800G-6 (SDRAM memory) datasheet, but do not see to be able to get the memory to work. I cannot even get the SD_CLK line to generate a clock (the Cube says it should be 166 MHz). The lack of the SD_CLK suggest something fundamental is wrong.

So, I would like to have access to an .ioc file for a known working SDRAM so I can compare it with my attempt.

Thanks in advance.

3 REPLIES 3
Posted on January 15, 2018 at 22:56

HAve tried to download the H7 CubeMX packge?

http://www.st.com/content/st_com/en/products/embedded-software/mcus-embedded-software/stm32-embedded-software/stm32cube-mcu-packages/stm32cubeh7.html

It seems there are some examples there related to SDRAM:

..\en.stm32cubeh7.zip\STM32Cube_FW_H7_V1.1.0\Projects\STM32H743I_EVAL\Examples\FMC\FMC_SDRAM

I did this trick for other boards (just analysed the example and prepared ioc file), e.g.:

https://community.st.com/0D50X00009bMLyYSAW

Greg Smith
Associate II
Posted on January 17, 2018 at 17:02

I solved the problem by downloading the cube examples (thanks to

Golab.Piotr

for the correct suggestion to do this). The examples are useful, but could be much better. For others interested, see:

STM32Cube_FW_H7_V1.1.0\Projects\STM32H743I_EVAL\Examples\FMC

The FMC_SDRAM example does not, in fact, setup or use the SDRAM at all.

These examples do not seem to have .ioc files... or I am looking in the wrong place to find them. The code may have come from the Cube but has been modified. The useful example for using SDRAM is: FMC_SDRAM_DataMemory

This has the same startup code that I have, but also includes the routine:SDRAM_Initialization_Sequence(). This has the missing code to enable the SDRAM Clock and get the memory going.

So, why does the Cube not supply this code for us, or at the very least, warn us that we must supply this code?

Posted on January 17, 2018 at 17:18

Yes, there is no ioc files provided within CubeMX - that's why I generated a few for more complex boards I have (I published a few).