cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UART AND STOP1 MODE

dtarrago
Associate II
Posted on March 08, 2017 at 17:10

I'm developping an application based on STM32L475. In this application I'm controlling a device that is managed via UART2 interface with AT commands. This device is correctly working in run mode but problem comes when working in Stop1 mode. I use UART2 with interrupts but, when going to Stop1 mode, are the functions 'HAL_UART_TxCpltCallback' and 'HAL_UART_RxCpltCallback' also working? Which is the functionality of the 'HAL_UARTEx_WakeupCallback' function?

Please, find here below a piece of my code when implementation to go to Stop1 mode is implemented (note, that I2C also wakes up device from Stop1 mode and it is correctly working):

/* Ensure that HSI is wake-up system clock => per poder despertar de Stop1 a causa de I2C o UART */

__HAL_RCC_WAKEUPSTOP_CLK_CONFIG(RCC_STOP_WAKEUPCLOCK_HSI);

/* USER CODE END 2 */

/* Infinite loop */

/* USER CODE BEGIN WHILE */

while (1)

{

/* USER CODE END WHILE */

// Full equipment functionality

Tasques();

&sharpifndef EN_DEBUG

if((HAL_I2C_GetState(&H_i2c1)==HAL_I2C_STATE_READY))&&(__HAL_UART_GET_FLAG(&H_uart2, USART_ISR_BUSY) == RESET)&&(__HAL_UART_GET_FLAG(&H_uart2, USART_ISR_REACK) == SET))

{

//I2C enabled to wake up from Stop1

HAL_I2CEx_EnableWakeUp(&H_i2c1);

//UART enabled to wake up from Stop1

/* set the wake-up event:

* specify wake-up on RXNE flag */

WakeUpSelection_UART.WakeUpEvent=UART_WAKEUP_ON_READDATA_NONEMPTY;

if (HAL_UARTEx_StopModeWakeUpSourceConfig(&H_uart2, WakeUpSelection_UART)!= HAL_OK)

{

Error_Handler();

}

/* Enable the UART Wake UP from STOP1 mode Interrupt */

__HAL_UART_ENABLE_IT(&H_uart2, UART_IT_WUF);

/* enable MCU wake-up by UART */

HAL_UARTEx_EnableStopMode(&H_uart2);

//Stop1

HAL_PWREx_EnterSTOP1Mode(PWR_STOPENTRY_WFI);

SYSCLKConfig_STOP();

}

&sharpendif

/* USER CODE BEGIN 3 */

}

#stop1 #stm32l4 #uart
2 REPLIES 2
Nesrine M_O
Lead II
Posted on March 09, 2017 at 14:14

Hi

TARRAGO.DANIEL

I recommend you to have a look to this example under the STM32L4 firmware package :

STM32Cube_FW_L4_V1.7.0\Projects\STM32L476RG-Nucleo\Examples\UART\UART_WakeUpFromStop

-Nesrine-

Posted on March 10, 2017 at 12:21

Hello,

This is what I did but I does not work. What about my questions related to the different functions I have mentioned ('

HAL_UARTEx_WakeupCallback', '

HAL_UART_TxCpltCallback','HAL_UART_RxCpltCallback')

?

Best regards.