Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SWPF01 - About SSI tags dataflow

Fourcroy Thomas
Associate II
Posted on March 01, 2017 at 18:02

Hello,

I have some trouble trying to use SSI tags in custom html page. I can't manage to make it usable...

Let me explain a bit:

(All the following is hardcoded)

First, I create a file :

AT+S.FSC=/test.shtml,100\r?

And put some content into :

AT+S.FSA=/test.shtml,100\r

Followed by raw data :

'<html>'

'<head><title>Input Demo</title></head>'

'<body>'

'<p>Input from Host: <!--&sharpinput--></p>'

'</body>'

'</html>'

Until here, everything is all right.

But if i load my page, the specified timeout (2s) is triggered and the content of the SSI tag is :

WebServer currently busy. Please try again later.

I understand that my SSI tag <!--input--> is never replaced because i never see any message on UART link before the end of the timeout; so i can't put any data over UART.

In fact, i receive a complete  +WIND56 message (I dump every byte received from uart rx int) when page loading has ended :

+WIND:56:Insert message to client: TIMEOUT OCCURRED!

I am missing something ? Wouldn't it work out of the box in my case ?

Setup:

ST Nucleo F401RE + IDW01M1

SPWF01SA up to date : 160129-c5bf5ce

Wifi mode : Mini AP

Also, i can't find any information concerning SSIs and CGI capabilities. Provided link in another thread doesn't seems to work. Any working links to PDFs ?

Thank you,

Thomas.

#ssi-tag #spwf01sa
5 REPLIES 5
Posted on March 01, 2017 at 23:41

Ciao Thomas,

did you already try a simple VCOM application? I mean, bypass F401 host uC parser, and send characters directly from PC? I expext WIND:56 before html download, not after.

Ciao

j

Alan Casinelli
Associate
Posted on March 02, 2017 at 11:50

Hi,

I have a very similar issue.

I am using a STM32F0DISCOVERY (3.5 fw release) + STEVAL-PCC018V1, so I do not have any intermediate hardware.

I am using the demo example from this page:

http://www.st.com/content/st_com/en/products/embedded-software/evaluation-tool-software/stsw-idw002.html

I do not receive any WIND:56 indication upon loading the index1.html page. If I submit the form I am able to get the indication.

For instance, if I open the input_demo.shtml the +wind:56 appears just upon the page loading.

Thanks for your support.

*EDIT*

I actually got it working. Changing the page extension from 'html' to 'shtml' solved the issue.

Don't know if it is a relevant information, but I updated the file system via apache server.

Posted on March 02, 2017 at 16:34

'shtml' extension is mandatory

j

Posted on March 02, 2017 at 17:46

Yes, if you look at my code, i actually use 'shtml' extension.

btw, i managed to get it work.

I restarted my project from the ground, using example provided with nucleo module.

I found that the callback used to parse UART Rx was built around the fact that <cr><lf> is expected at the end of each line received from the module. But, the one i need (WIND:56) is the only one which not provide a <cr><lf> sequence. That why no code about this on was implemented.

A workaround is to add an 'end sequence' to my tag (eg: <!--input:001:WW-->), and look for 'WW:' in the entry buffer, at the same place where <cr><lf> are tested. So if one of these 2 sequences are detected, i can't launch Wind processing ( in this case, 001 is an internal index)

but it's a temporaty wordaround since 'WW:' sequence may occur elsewhere.

Posted on March 02, 2017 at 17:52

I forgot to say that i was using Mbed code before restarting my project, and my byte dump was done at the very beginning of the UART rx callback. I still don't know why i was unable to get it work. Maybe RX trigger in Mbed objets is triggred after a certain amount of data...

Also, may i suggest to add a <cr><lf> sequence at the end of that WIND:56, to match existing pattern ? ;p

Thanks for your help anyway!

Thomas