Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to reach STM32L073RZ optimal energy consumption

raphael declercq
Associate II
Posted on May 02, 2017 at 16:34

Hey,

I'm working with a STM32L073 because I need a really low power application.

For now, I am working in STOP mode, because I need the SPI and many interrupts to work.

I can reach 1.5�A but according to the datasheet, i should be able to reach 0.5 �A, but i can't.

Any ideas of what i could disable to reach this 0.5�A? I already tried to lower Vrefint and BOR but this shows no improvements. 

I'm already using the low power regulator, the clocks are as slow as possible and i'm using the external oscillator for the RTC.

Thanks in advance

Best regards,

Raphael

#stm32l0
3 REPLIES 3
Nesrine M_O
Lead II
Posted on May 02, 2017 at 17:03

Hi

de_clercq.raphael

Please try to have a look to this example under the STM32L0 cube firmware:

STM32Cube_FW_L0_V1.9.0\Projects\STM32L073RZ-Nucleo\Examples\PWR\PWR_STOP

also refer to

http://www.st.com/content/ccc/resource/technical/document/application_note/27/58/8e/81/79/fb/4f/ac/DM00108pdf/files/DM00108pdf/jcr:content/translations/en.DM00108pdf

application note it may be helpful for you.

-Nesrine-

Posted on May 02, 2017 at 17:10

STANDBY is generally preferred for minimal consumption. Need to watch what you're attaching externally, start driving anything and current will be consumed. Configure pins as analogue input, that will turn off the schmitt trigger

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
raphael declercq
Associate II
Posted on May 03, 2017 at 11:27

Thanks for your answers , I already had a look at the SDK V1.8.0 few days ago, is the 1.9.0 really different?

I think I can't use the standby mode, I already had a look at the difference between STOP and STANDBY and i concluded that i needed STOP, but i may be wrong.

I need to wake up on RTC alarm interrupts and from 3 GPIO interrupts

have a nice day