cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any way to change colors in CubeMX?

Dave Jones
Associate III
Posted on May 17, 2017 at 19:26

The highlight color of a selected function for a pin is dark blue with black text. That means it is impossible to read whatever it says. It seems to have been this way for a while. Do the programmers of STM32CubeMX never actually use this software?

I can't find any place to change the user interface colors, and assume they can't be changed. Can somebody please ask the programmers to change this so we can read what is highlighted? Maybe switch to white text on a dark blue background?

See image attached:

7 REPLIES 7
Imen.D
ST Employee
Posted on May 18, 2017 at 10:03

Hello,

Which CubeMx version are you using ?

For me, the text is clear using STM32CubeMx V4.21 ! 

0690X00000606ztQAA.png

I will report your feedback internally to CubeMx team for more check this case.

Thanks

Imen

When your question is answered, please close this topic by clicking "Accept as Solution".
Thanks
Imen
Lead
Posted on May 18, 2017 at 10:29

Perhaps you have changed the 'Design' of your Window$ desktop ?

Then you could try to change it back, or adapt the background color for said elements.

Posted on May 18, 2017 at 12:53

I'm not a Windows expert, but here is what I see (I have Windows 7 Professional):

The 'Selected Items' background color comes from Windows. For Windows 7, if you right-click over the desktop and select 'Personalize', then select 'Window Color', then under 'Item' there is a list-box from which you choose 'Selected Items'. The top color is the background color for selected items. The next line down selects the font and the color of the font.

The problem appears to be in the fact that CubeMx does not use the correct font color for 'Selected Items' (IME usually white), but keeps it the color for 'window text' (IME usually black and black in both screenshots). If you go to other Windows applications and select something, or even select a desktop icon and look at the text, you should see the font color change to the 'Selected Text' font color, but not in the case of CubeMX.

@Imen D ... You do not see the problem because you have a lighter 'Selected Items' color which contrasts with the black font, but notice that the font color stays black.

Posted on May 18, 2017 at 17:56

Imen D wrote:

Which CubeMx version are you using ?

Version 4.21.0

Tu wrote:

The 'Selected Items' background color comes from Windows.

The problem appears to be in the fact that CubeMx does not use the correct font color for 'Selected Items' (IME usually white), but keeps it the color for 'window text' (IME usually black and black in both screenshots). If you go to other Windows applications and select something, or even select a desktop icon and look at the text, you should see the font color change to the 'Selected Text' font color, but not in the case of CubeMX.

Yes! This appears to be what is going on. They seem to be using an odd mixture of their own colors and Windows colors in various places. If I change the system window background color it has no effect. If I change the system text color it only changes a couple of lines in the top menu bar and a couple of headings on the left. Changing the system menu text color changes the text within that popup box (highlighted or not), and changing the background for system menu selected changes the selected background in that popup. But changing the system menu selected text color changes nothing.

They need to either implement it correctly, with the correct text color for the selection, or just use their own colors everywhere except the menus at the top.

Posted on May 18, 2017 at 19:07

I'm not totally sure how this forum works with regards to the 'Correct Answer' designation, but since this issue really should involve action on ST's part to fix the problem, maybe it is a little too soon to mark this as 'Answered'. I don't know if you can un-mark it or not, but my fear is ST will think they are done if they see it as 'Answered'.

Posted on May 18, 2017 at 21:38

Good point.

;~)

Posted on May 19, 2017 at 10:46

Hi

Tuttle.Darrell

This discussion reported and tracked internally as action for further investigationby our CubeMx team.

Even this discussion marked 'Answered',

the owner

may always unmarked it.

All your feedback are welcome in order to improve our solutions.

Thanks

Imen

When your question is answered, please close this topic by clicking "Accept as Solution".
Thanks
Imen