Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SPWF01SA Wifi Direct mode setting

Don david
Associate II
Posted on April 10, 2017 at 13:10

Hi All,

I bought SPWF01SA wifi module from ST and i want to set it up in Wi-FI Direct mode and transfer data between two wifi direct devices. Can anybody tell me how to proceed further

Kind Regards

Don David

#spwf01sa-wifimodule
5 REPLIES 5
Posted on April 10, 2017 at 18:04

Hi David,

ST SPWF0xS modules are not implementing WiFi Direct mode. You can setup the ad-hoc mode, called IBSS into datasheet and user manuals. Or, better, use the miniAP capability. You can setup SPWF module to act as a basic AP, providing link up to 5 devices. Also DHCP/DNS servers are running in this case!

Hope it helps

jerry

ps: if you are using an evaluation board, you can enable miniAP capability with a simple HW reset with GPIO7 low at boot time. Use both push-buttons.

Posted on April 11, 2017 at 09:14

Hi Gerardo,

Thanks for the reply. I tried to set the SPWF01SA in miniAP modeby using the following command

AT+S.SCFG=wifi_mode,3

AT+S.SCFG=wifi_priv_mode,0

at+s.ssidtxt=

EM

at&w

at+cfun=1

And after this i connected it to my PC and entered 

http://captiveportal.net

in the address bar and tried to setup the miniAP mode as per the datasheet and following error pops up.0690X00000606jGQAQ.png

And in the COM Port i am receiving the Forbidden error message.

0690X00000603cnQAA.jpg

Can you tell what is going wrong here.

Best Wishes

Don

Posted on April 11, 2017 at 18:53

When in miniAP, and 'ip_apredirect' configuration variable is not empty, default homepage is changed.

Now, if you want to really perform the remote configuration of the module via HTTP, this is the right page!

Why are you getting that message? Because password is wrong

Fill 'PassKey' field with content of 'user_desc' configuration variable. Default is 'anonymous'.

Let me know...

jerry

ps: there is a good handson tutorial on st.com/wifimodules page

Posted on April 12, 2017 at 07:51

Hi Gerrard,

Thanks for the reply.

I tried to set up the module in MiniAP mode by using the password 'anonymous' in the captiveportal.net as mentioned in my previous post.Below is the response i am receiving from the module.its getting reset and after that its not showing up in the WiFi Scan List

0690X00000606kJQAQ.png

What will be going wrong here?

Best Wishes

Don

Posted on April 12, 2017 at 16:53

You sent an empty SSID string.

WIND:57 (before reset) and WIND:26 (after reset) are clear.

Follow the handson STSW-IDW002 

http://www.st.com/content/st_com/en/products/embedded-software/evaluation-tool-software/stsw-idw002.html