Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Having issues with STM32F4 + LwIP + FreeRTOS + STM32CubeMX 4.19

Justin K.
Associate II
Posted on March 08, 2017 at 02:48

Hi everyone,

I'm trying to complete a project with the STM32F4 Discovery board and with a PHY IC (DP83848CVV), along with FreeRTOS and LwIP. I began the project with first testing the hardware this previously completed code by someone else: 

http://blog.tkjelectronics.dk/2012/08/ethernet-on-stm32f4discovery-using-external-phy/

jI was able to get the webpage running and made sure that the hardware was in working order.

However, once I used the STM32CubeMX to initialize everything (

selecting STM32F407G as my MCU with FreeRTOS, ETH, and LwIP enabled

) and get a simple TCP echo client (tried TCP/UDP echo server as well) running, I cannot connect nor can the MCU connect to my echotool.exe server. The dhcp_start() seems to be working though since I can see that my router gave the MCU an IP address.

Any insight to this issue would be much appreciated. Also, if you can share a completed project with STM32F4 with FreeRTOS + LwIP running, that would be amazing!

Thank you.

#discovery #stm32f4 #freertos #lwip #ethernet
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Imen.D
ST Employee
Posted on March 08, 2017 at 11:37

Hi,

You'll probably want to review LwIP and

FreeRTOS 

examples as you can find available in the STM32CubeF4 package:

STM32Cube_FW_F4_V1.15.0\Projects\STM324x9I_EVAL\Applications\LwIP.

STM32Cube_FW_F4_V1.15.0\Projects\STM324x9I_EVAL\Applications\FreeRTOS

You can start from working examples in the context of understanding the tools and you find the needed include parts for your project, then you can modify the working application depending on your needs.

Have a look to these documents, this will help you

on LwIP and FreeRTOS configuration

:

- AN3966 'LwIP TCP/IP stack demonstration for STM32F4x7 microcontrollers�.

- UM1713 : User manual about “Developing applications on STM32Cube with LwIP TCP/IP stack� .

UM1722: Developing Applications on STM32Cube with RTOS , this will help you on FreeRTOS configuration.

UM1718: User manual STM32CubeMX, ha

ve a look to the 'FreeRTOS' and LwIP' section.

You can upgrade to the STM32CubeMx version 4.20 adding FreeRTOS v9.0 support for STM32F4.

Hope this helps you.

Imen

When your question is answered, please close this topic by clicking "Accept as Solution".
Thanks
Imen

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Imen.D
ST Employee
Posted on March 08, 2017 at 11:37

Hi,

You'll probably want to review LwIP and

FreeRTOS 

examples as you can find available in the STM32CubeF4 package:

STM32Cube_FW_F4_V1.15.0\Projects\STM324x9I_EVAL\Applications\LwIP.

STM32Cube_FW_F4_V1.15.0\Projects\STM324x9I_EVAL\Applications\FreeRTOS

You can start from working examples in the context of understanding the tools and you find the needed include parts for your project, then you can modify the working application depending on your needs.

Have a look to these documents, this will help you

on LwIP and FreeRTOS configuration

:

- AN3966 'LwIP TCP/IP stack demonstration for STM32F4x7 microcontrollers�.

- UM1713 : User manual about “Developing applications on STM32Cube with LwIP TCP/IP stack� .

UM1722: Developing Applications on STM32Cube with RTOS , this will help you on FreeRTOS configuration.

UM1718: User manual STM32CubeMX, ha

ve a look to the 'FreeRTOS' and LwIP' section.

You can upgrade to the STM32CubeMx version 4.20 adding FreeRTOS v9.0 support for STM32F4.

Hope this helps you.

Imen

When your question is answered, please close this topic by clicking "Accept as Solution".
Thanks
Imen