cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32L073 flash problem

Muscle Man
Associate III
Posted on July 18, 2017 at 15:07

I'm facing some problems while flashing a Release version image into a STM32L073 MCU. The strange thing is that

this happens only when the size of the binary image to flash is near the one of the Flash Bank 0 size (about 96KB).

I found this behavior both using ST-LINK-V2.1 (inside the SW4STM32 IDE, selecting 'Target->Program Chip..' menù)

and using DFU-UTIL (via command line in Ubuntu: dfu-util -a 0 -D app.dfu). I generated the .dfu firmware image

via the DFU-TOOL program using the command 'dfu-tool convert raw Release/app.bin Release/app.dfu'.

When trying to flash via DFU, the utility recognizes that the image I want to download is made of 3 elements: it

correctly (I think..) flashes the first element (whose size is 81292 bytes) while the second element fails to be

programmed (DFU-UTIL returns the message 'Error during special command 'ERASE_PAGE' get_status' and

exit).

Also instead of using DFU-UTIL I also used the DFU-TOOL utility to download my firmware image via the command

'dfu-tool write-alt app.dfu 0'; the utility sent to me error message 'Invalid number of sectors: 1536*128g'.

Can anyone already facing this kind of problems redirect me on a fixing solution?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Scrat75

0 REPLIES 0