cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Flashing MC algorithm for Motor Control Nucleo Pack with NUCLEO-F302R8 and X-NUCLEO-IHM07M1

Ion Popescu
Associate
Posted on March 16, 2017 at 19:32

Hi,

I have bought the evaluation board from 

http://www.st.com/en/evaluation-tools/p-nucleo-ihm001.html

. I have installed STSW-STM32100 and downloaded X-CUBE-SPN7. I followed all instructions from UM1949 & UM1945. I have connected the board(s) and played a little with them: power on, played with potentiometer from board to control the speed of the motor, played with MotorProfiler to recognize the motor.

Everything worked fine.

Now I am interested in learning programming the software for the device. I will start with blinking a LED.

What I want to know is from where I can get the .hex (or .bin) file for the MotorControl algorithm(the one currently present on device, which is supposed to contain both FOx and 6-step algorithms), in order to flash again into chip.

Searching through the installed/downloaded applications I saw the following .hex files:

- STMicroelectronics\FOC SDK\v4.3.0\STMotorProfiler\resources\assets\fws\NUCLEO-F302R8&sharpX-NUCLEO-IHM07M1 3Sh♯(4.3.0)♯(31FC8A0A).hex  (size = 118 KB)

- en.X-CUBE-SPN7.zip\STM32CubeExpansion_SPN7_V1.0.0\Projects\Multi\Examples\MotorControl\Binary\STM32F302R8-Nucleo\X-CUBE-SPN7.hex (size = 66.9 KB)

Also, there is the following .bin file:

- en.X-CUBE-SPN7.zip\STM32CubeExpansion_SPN7_V1.0.0\Projects\Multi\Examples\MotorControl\Binary\P-NUCLEO-IHM001\P-NUCLEO-IHM001.bin

Why they are different (in size & content)?

Thank you.

#motor-control #nucleo-pack-with-nucleo-f302r8-and-x-nucleo-ihm07m1 #algorithm #flashing
1 REPLY 1
Laurent Ca...
Lead II

The question has been moved from the "Motor Control Hardware" section to the "STM32 Motor Control" section (the question is about the STM32 MC SDK). 

Best regards