Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capture timestamps on falling edge events with eTimer

Florent Plazas
Associate
Posted on March 17, 2017 at 16:03

Hello everyone,

I work on a SPC560 P40 L3 and I would to capture timestamps on falling edge events on SECSRC ''Counter #0 input pin''.

I have one square signal mapped on eTimer0 channel 0 on the C[11] pin alternate function.

0690X00000606anQAA.png0690X00000606GZQAY.png

I could see my signal shift from high state to low state with Trace 32. So I think my signal is correctly mapped to the input.

0690X00000606asQAA.png

Here is my eTimer channel 0 configuration  : 

0690X00000606axQAA.png

I have a signal with a 12,5 kHz tick time and a 16 Mhz SYSCLOCK.

Unfortunately, there is no events on CAPT 1 register.

First, I was wondering for some time synchronization issues but when I select ''Count rising edges of primary source while secondary input high active'' CNTR just stop. So I suspect that the counter #0 input pin is not linked with my input signal. I could manually see values on CAPT 1 when I change SECSRC polarity with the SIPS register, but thats all.

Is there any mistakes with my eTimer configuration register ? I am also wondering how I could synchronize IP bus clock and my sensor signal tick time with just a 128 prescaler.

Thanks.

Best regards,

Florent Plazas

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Florent Plazas
Associate
Posted on March 23, 2017 at 09:47

Hello everyone,

After 2 weeks of debugging, I figured out that ETC[N] pad are linked with 'Counter #N Input pin'.

So if you decide to use the 'ETC[4]' pin for eTimer0 input source, you have to choose 'Counter #4 Input pin' register.

I think you may clarify that in the table N°373 in the SPC560P34..40 reference manual. 

I never saw any acronym definition for 'ETC[N]' (ETC = E Timer Counter [N] ?).

Best regards,

Florent

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Florent Plazas
Associate
Posted on March 23, 2017 at 09:47

Hello everyone,

After 2 weeks of debugging, I figured out that ETC[N] pad are linked with 'Counter #N Input pin'.

So if you decide to use the 'ETC[4]' pin for eTimer0 input source, you have to choose 'Counter #4 Input pin' register.

I think you may clarify that in the table N°373 in the SPC560P34..40 reference manual. 

I never saw any acronym definition for 'ETC[N]' (ETC = E Timer Counter [N] ?).

Best regards,

Florent

Posted on March 23, 2017 at 11:59

Hello Florent ,

Sorry for not helping you earlier.

yes , i am agreed with you Table 373 is not clear.

i have escalated your point in the Technical Writer team.

Do not hesitate to use the Pinmap Wizard in SPC5Studio

Best Regards

Erwan