Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SPWF04Sx - FWUPDATE

yoann LBY
Senior
Posted on April 04, 2018 at 12:15

hi,

i use AT cmd FWUPDATE to update firmware of wifi module.

i see sequence in HandsOn_Draftv3.0

AT+S.FWUPDATE=e,192.168.x

next

AT+S.RESET -> (Soft_Reset())

next

AT+S.FCFG

the FWUPDATE works well (next Soft_Reset()) but i need to restart (power off/on) wifi module.

is it correct?

what is the good practice after the FWUPDATE? (same with FSUPDATE)

thks

Yoann 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Elio Cometti
Senior II
Posted on April 04, 2018 at 14:30

Hello Yoann,

the FW update is performed at boot, so after calling AT+S.FWUPDATE you must perform a (sw or hw) reset or a power off/on cycle. Please take care that the SW reset (i.e. reset by AT+S.RESET command) drives the reset line to low level for the time necessary to reset the SPWF's micro.

Once the FW update has been completed an HW reset is raised by the module itself and the SPWF04 restarts with the new FW. If something goes wrong during the update (e.g. corrupted or wrong FW, wrong AES key,), then the 'new FW' is erased from flash and the SPWF04 is restarted with the last FW.

Might it be the case that the reset line is tight high by the host controller?

Regards,

Elio

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Elio Cometti
Senior II
Posted on April 04, 2018 at 14:30

Hello Yoann,

the FW update is performed at boot, so after calling AT+S.FWUPDATE you must perform a (sw or hw) reset or a power off/on cycle. Please take care that the SW reset (i.e. reset by AT+S.RESET command) drives the reset line to low level for the time necessary to reset the SPWF's micro.

Once the FW update has been completed an HW reset is raised by the module itself and the SPWF04 restarts with the new FW. If something goes wrong during the update (e.g. corrupted or wrong FW, wrong AES key,), then the 'new FW' is erased from flash and the SPWF04 is restarted with the last FW.

Might it be the case that the reset line is tight high by the host controller?

Regards,

Elio