Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32L151 flash hex file to internal eeprom over ST-LINK

Embedded Engineer
Associate II

Posted on January 18, 2018 at 15:30

Hello everyone,

we are currently developing our production/test equipment for automated production of a STM32L151-based device.

In the production process, the STM32L151 is already flashed via a ST-Link (V2) programmer.

In order to identify each device, a serial number is generated and shall be written into the internal eeprom of the device.

We would like to utilize SWD for this purpose.

When testing the ST-Link V2 with ST Utility Software, I have not been able to write a hex-File to 0x08080000, which should be the internal eeprom memory address. Please correct me if I am wrong.

Can you tell me if this is possible and if so, how ?

Thank you very much for your help.

Best regards

#st #stm32 #eeprom #st-link-v2 #link #internal #st-link-v2-1

5 REPLIES 5
Mark Peter Vargha
Associate III
Posted on January 18, 2018 at 15:56

a serial number is generated and shall be written into the internal eeprom of the device

All of the STM32 microcontrollers have an 96 bit unique hardware ID. Why don't use that?

Embedded Engineer
Associate II
Posted on January 18, 2018 at 16:22

Hello Mark, 

thank you for your answer. We would like to use the PCB ID, as this ID is not only utilized for identifying the STM32 of all components.

Posted on January 18, 2018 at 16:41

Do you need to blow that data in via this method? Can you have routines in your own application code that accept calibration and serialization from a test station and write that into EEPROM that way?

This deficiency in the ST-LINK Utilities has been discussed before, there is a new flashing tools, and seem to recall an STVP or DLL based method too. You should perhaps contact your local sales office and discuss with an FAE assigned to your account.

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
Phillips Jr..Clyde
Associate III
Posted on April 03, 2018 at 22:29

I need the older uboot uart .hex file flasher utiltily. It seems like this is not that. Is this tool you are discussing able to utilize simple serial uboot flashing?

Posted on April 03, 2018 at 22:40

uBoot?

This is the 'Flash Loader Demonstrator' that talks to the System Loader via the USART using it's protocol.

http://www.st.com/en/development-tools/flasher-stm32.html

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..