Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue with ST Link Update

Armin Böss
Associate II
Posted on April 03, 2017 at 18:14

Hello,

When i connect my STM 32F401RE to the STM32 ST-Link Utility and then try to update the firmware, it says that Version V2.J27.M15 is the latest.

When i do the same with ST-Link Upgrade (stswlink007 from st.com), it says that Version V2.J28.M18 is the latest.

Which Firmware should i install now?

Best Regards

Armin

#st-link #st-link-utility #st-link-update
4 REPLIES 4
Imen.D
ST Employee
Posted on April 03, 2017 at 18:26

Hi,

I recommend you to upgrade the ST-Link firmware version to V2-1 through this

http://www.st.com/content/st_com/en/products/embedded-software/development-tool-software/stsw-link009.html

Hope this help you.

Imen

When your question is answered, please close this topic by clicking "Accept as Solution".
Thanks
Imen
Posted on April 04, 2017 at 21:59

>>

Which Firmware should i install now?

Does it matter? Do you have some issue that it might remediate? If it works, just leave it alone.

If you have a problem it makes sense to upgrade before complaining so that past issues aren't continually relitigated, but if things are working there is no need in most cases.

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
Armin Böss
Associate II
Posted on April 04, 2017 at 22:55

Thank yout both for your Quick Answers.

To the Thing with

/external-link.jspa?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.st.com%2Fcontent%2Fst_com%2Fen%2Fproducts%2Fembedded-software%2Fdevelopment-tool-software%2Fstsw-linkhtml

: I´ve already installed this and updated it with STSW-LINK007, or is there something about both Software´s i didn´t get?

Yes I have a Issue with my board and i´m currently unsure about wether it´s a software or a hardware issue (my X-Nucleo-53L0A1 shield won´t work most times, just sometimes.....I know it sounds awkward but when i try figuring out whats the problem it feels like someone just rolling the dices about wether my shield will work or not, but i think i´m goint to open a new thread about that Problem tomorrow).

Thank you very much

Posted on April 05, 2017 at 00:27

They are on different release schedules and software released in the past will not have the most up-to-date firmware.

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..