Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking for a suitable Tag for X-NUCLEO-NFC03A1

Armin Böss
Associate II
Posted on March 02, 2018 at 14:25

Hi Folks,

I´ve got a task for which i have to implement a NFC Reader(CR95HF) into a casing, so I decided to order the above mentioned board to help me get into it.

Now I´m searching for a suitable tag and antenna and I got a little confused about the difference between the so called ST25 Dynamic NFC Tags and the ST25Tx series NFC Tags. Is there any big difference at all or can I just take one of them?

The tag should be passive and  the operating range distance should be 0.1m.

Thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Patrick SOHN
Associate II
Posted on March 16, 2018 at 17:06

Hello,

A dynamic NFC tag is a passive NFC tag with an I2C interface in order to connect to an embedded micro-controller while a NFC tag is a passive NFC tag without interface.

We recommend you to use a NFC Forum Type 5 tag to get a longer reading distance.

We can propose you the dynamic NFC tag ST25DV or the NFC tag ST25TV.

If you are interested, we can provide you one ST25DV discovery kit for evaluation in front of the NFC reader and we can also propose more powerful reader such as ST25R3911B NFC reader.

All information and documents are on ST web site.

Thanks and regards

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Patrick SOHN
Associate II
Posted on March 16, 2018 at 17:06

Hello,

A dynamic NFC tag is a passive NFC tag with an I2C interface in order to connect to an embedded micro-controller while a NFC tag is a passive NFC tag without interface.

We recommend you to use a NFC Forum Type 5 tag to get a longer reading distance.

We can propose you the dynamic NFC tag ST25DV or the NFC tag ST25TV.

If you are interested, we can provide you one ST25DV discovery kit for evaluation in front of the NFC reader and we can also propose more powerful reader such as ST25R3911B NFC reader.

All information and documents are on ST web site.

Thanks and regards