cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

X-NUCLEO-IHM02A1 w/STM32F302R8 Problems

Marshal Haupt
Associate II
Posted on November 30, 2017 at 23:43

I am using a X-NUCLEO-IHM02A1 dual stepper motor driver evaluation board paired with a NUCLEO STM32F302R8 board. My IDE is the System Work Bench for STM32. The motor driver comes with a software package for containing sample projects and pre-compiled '.bin' and '.hex' files.

The pre-compiled files are set up to allow the user to turn the motors by pressing the blue button. However, neither the '.bin' or the '.hex' file is working. They load onto the board fine, but then nothing happens beyond that.

The sample projects don't compile correctly due to a lost reference to stm32_hal_legacy.h, but this was resolved by copying over the file from my other XCube repository packs. After this, I get multiple warnings for, 'pointer targets in passing argument 2 of 'USART_Transmit' differ in signedness[-Wpointer-sign]'. I am able to compile and load the binary file, but again, I get no movement. 

All parts, including the motors, are brand new. Has anyone else run into this problem? Please help if you have any advice. I will be looking closely at the code, but I'm hoping someone knows why the pre-compiled files may not be working. Thank you, very much.

#stm32f302r8 #nucleo #ihm02a1
0 REPLIES 0