Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FOC SDK Wont Run Beyond Start-Up Sequence

Tom Paynter
Associate
Posted on March 30, 2017 at 19:07

Hi All,

Im Tom, Im net to the ST Community! 

I have the X-Nucleo IHM07M1 and the Nucleo F302R8 dev boards trying to run the STM FOC SDK 4.3 library. I have the Bull Running motor which came with the kit which I have managed to set-up and is running well, I also have another hobby sized motor all set up and running as I would like.

However I also have a smaller 2 pole, (R = 14 Ohm, L = 4.6 mH) which I would like to run also through the sensorless FOC. However, once I put in the new parameters it spools up, as per the startup sequence, but does not swap over to the FOC control. Giving Speed Feedback errors. I have tried everything as mentioned in the FAQ to remedy this (page 16) yet it still doesnt run properly. 

As suggested on page 16 I reduce the G2 parameter, but once it gets beyond a certain point (about 800) it then speeds up to the full ramp up speed and gives a Start up error. 

Also as suggested on page 16, I have the startup verification speed at about 40% to 90% application speed and it still unable to start up properly.

I have tried as much as possible and still I have no idea how to make it work.

Thanks in advance,

Tom 

#foc
2 REPLIES 2
Enrico Poli
ST Employee
Posted on April 07, 2017 at 14:15

Hi Tom,

The Speed Feedback error implies the system switched from open to closed loop too early or, for some reasons, it loses the control as soon as it enters the closed loop mode.

If you have not already done so, try slowing down the ramp-up phase as much as possible and enables the 'Rev-up to FOC switch-over'.

Laurent Ca...
Lead II

The question has been moved from the "Motor Control Hardware" section to the "STM32 Motor Control" section (the question is about the STM32 MC SDK). 

Best regards