cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Request for a bug tracking system

Mohammad A
Senior
Posted on April 02, 2017 at 00:18

It happens many times that I find a bug inside the Cube/HAL driver or even inside the comments and documents and I really want to report it, so they can FIX it, thus making a bug free environment to develop my/our applications, BUT the lack of a bug tracking system prevents me to report it.

Even though I see some users report bugs in the forum, but it feels like useless as nobody replys to them or they can't find out if their contribution into fixing bugs has been observed by ST employees.

So, my request is starting a bug reporting/tracking system. I think it's a win-win suggestion.

#bug #request
10 REPLIES 10
Lead
Posted on April 02, 2017 at 11:04

I bet they have a bugtracking software in place internally, without access from 'outsiders' like here on this forum.

But let's see what the ST staff tells us ...

Posted on April 02, 2017 at 13:10

Maybe a git of the source files would make the loop back more reactive?

Mohammad A
Senior
Posted on April 02, 2017 at 23:07

I would like to ask some of moderators forward this request to staffs if possible.

Posted on April 02, 2017 at 21:52

nice, so we can commit changes and request for a pull

valentin
Senior
Posted on April 03, 2017 at 02:18

+1 would be really nice and would probably save some time on ST's side, too

Imen.D
ST Employee
Posted on April 03, 2017 at 11:30

Hello,

I will raise your request internally.

All your comments and suggestions are welcome in order to improve our solutions.

Imen

When your question is answered, please close this topic by clicking "Accept as Solution".
Thanks
Imen
Posted on April 04, 2017 at 17:02

There definitely needs to be change in release and test strategy, where bug tracking goes along with Regression Testing and Dog Fooding of the released code.

The embedded ecosystem needs solid, tested code, you need to apply the TEN YEAR commitment to the expectation for your code. Many applications aren't going to have easy opportunities to field upgrade and may be deployed for decades. It is incumbent on ST to do a better job with the code quality.

The bug tracking has been requested repeatedly, posting unformated/unfocused bug reports to the forum is not sufficient. There needs to be ownership. You have thousands of eyes on the code, you need to use them effectively.

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
Posted on April 04, 2017 at 17:05

>>

I bet they have a bugtracking software in place internally

Let's hope so, but there really doesn't seem to be a lot of rigour in the testing and critical review of the code.

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
Posted on April 04, 2017 at 19:32

The bug tracking has been requested repeatedly, posting unformated/unfocused bug reports to the forum is not sufficient. There needs to be ownership. You have thousands of eyes on the code, you need to use them effectively.

Linux, especially the kernel, are examples that this might work - on professional level, with professional results.