Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chip Antenna with S2-LP

Silas Valera
Senior
Posted on December 06, 2017 at 17:31

Hi 

Has anyone successfully used a chip antenna with S2-LP? Any recommendation for 868Mhz center frequency? I am looking at this chip antenna from Yageo (

http://www.yageo.com/documents/recent/An_SMD_870_1204_CHE_01.pdf

). I need to use chip antenna option for the space restriction reasons. 

Thanks in advance!

Silas

#chip-antenna #s2-lp
2 REPLIES 2
Posted on December 06, 2017 at 18:20

Chip and formed metal antenna vendors should be consulted about performance and layout requirements. How the final design will be mounted and placed can impact things, as can the proximity of the human body.

Review the chip antenna vendors use on ST module boards (like those on the IoT DISCO), and discuss your design goals with the ST FAE supporting your account/design.

Success in RF isn't something you want to cut-n-paste from another design, find a vendor you trust and can provide you with the implementation support to be successful. You might need to trim/tune circuit features as part of your development cycle.

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
Posted on December 07, 2017 at 15:54

Hi

Turvey.Clive.002

Thank you so much for your feedback.

I am going to work on the first version of the pcb design, the chip antenna data sheet gives some information about the layout. We would like to test the set up in-house first, with RF power measurements. Of course talking to third party vendor would be the next option if the first does not work well.

Thanks

Silas