Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SD card FATFS and USB Mass Storage Device

Vamshi krishna
Associate
Posted on April 03, 2017 at 15:53

Hi All,

I want to create a project which can access the SD card with File System, When i want to connect the device to PC it should act as a Mass storage device.

So i did experiments on SD FATFS and USB Mass storage Device, both are working separately but i want to combine both in single project. So is there any example for this type of projects?

SD is able to mount on PC as a Mass storage device when i am not doing any operations with FatFS. If i  do read or write with FatFS, the device is not mounting on the PC.

Here i am using the STM32L476G_Eval board.

can any body please point me to the correct way of doing both in single project.

#usbmsd #usb-msc-fat #sd-card #stm32l476 #fatfs
4 REPLIES 4
Imen.D
ST Employee
Posted on April 03, 2017 at 16:21

Hi

krishna.vamshi

I recommend that you take a look insidethese examples in STM32CubeL4 library:

- STM32Cube_FW_L4_V1.7.0\Projects\STM32L476G_EVAL\Applications\USB_Device\MSC_Standalone

whichdescribes how to use USB device application based on the Mass Storage Class (MSC) on the STM32L4xx devices.

- STM32Cube_FW_L4_V1.7.0\Projects\STM32L476G_EVAL\Applications\FatFs\FatFs_uSD which can help you tousethe features offered by FatFs to configure a microSD drive.

Hope this helps you.

Imen

When your question is answered, please close this topic by clicking "Accept as Solution".
Thanks
Imen
Posted on April 04, 2017 at 05:55

Hi Imen,

Thanks for your suggestions.

Already implemented the FatFS and USBMS device standalone applications, but here i need is how to integrate the two applications in to one. I need to access the SD via FatFS and USBMS at a time.

Posted on October 20, 2017 at 13:21

Hi Vamshi krishna.

Please see below post I got this working.

https://community.st.com/0D50X00009XkXEPSA3

Hi vamshi,

Did you find the any solution for your application ,am also facing same problem like you.

Need an example with USBMS+FatFS.

Please give us the help on this it will be very helpful for finding right path.