Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Implementation of infrared transmitter on STM32F7

Fib
Associate II
Posted on April 11, 2017 at 17:24

Hello.

I studied the

http://www.st.com/content/ccc/resource/technical/document/application_note/group0/36/b5/60/26/50/c7/46/4a/DM00271524/files/DM00271524.pdf/jcr:content/translations/en.DM00271524.pdf

''Implementation of transmitters and receivers for infrared remote control protocols with STM32Cube'' and I reproduced the application

http://www.st.com/content/st_com/en/products/embedded-software/mcus-embedded-software/stm32-embedded-software/stm32cube-expansion-software/x-cube-irremote.html

on a NUCLEO-F303RE.

I know the required interface IRTIM is only available on STM32F0, STM32F3 and STM32L4 series, but I need to implement the infrared transmitter on STM32F7.

I don't understand how this IRTIM works. I only know that It uses internal connections between TIM16 and TIM17 to generate the infrared remote control signals. How can I replicate this application on my F7 microcontroller?

0690X00000606dGQAQ.png
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Posted on April 11, 2017 at 18:09

Modulate the PWM values being programmed into the TIM from update to update, from a pattern table, using DMA, for example. Or from an Update IRQ if you prefer.

Tips, buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Posted on April 11, 2017 at 18:09

Modulate the PWM values being programmed into the TIM from update to update, from a pattern table, using DMA, for example. Or from an Update IRQ if you prefer.

Tips, buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
Fib
Associate II
Posted on April 17, 2017 at 16:27

Do you know why they configure TIM17 channel 1 and TIM16 channel 1 as Output Compare in the example? Why didn't they set the channels as PWM? Is it because of IRTIM?

What is the difference between OC and PWM to generate a waveform?

Posted on April 17, 2017 at 17:11

PWM is one of the OC MODEs, ie rising edge at zero, trailing edge a CCR1 trigger point, TIMING is another mode, it is not about a pulse width but rather a phase triggering point defined by CCR1

Output signals to a pin and scope them?