cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Convert SystemWorkbench to GNU ARM Eclipse ??

Dilbert K
Senior
Posted on April 19, 2017 at 00:24

I recently try to start a project using STM SensorTile which has the STM32L4 chip embedded.

I have downloaded the STSW-STLKT01 and I have loaded coded using the AC6 SystemWorkbench, no problem.

However, my boss need me to port this into GNU ARM Eclipse instead, as other STM projects are using it.

We want to have same platform for development.

The challenge I have now, are there procedures that I could convert a ST release SDK from one IDE into another ?

Since AC6 also a Eclipse base IDE, I would expect there is a simple method than me adding each files and re-construct a project.

Thanks for advice

4 REPLIES 4
Posted on April 19, 2017 at 02:25

Perhaps your boss has some insight into the tools he has chosen? As they say, bad advice is everywhere..

Eclipse Workspaces can be tricky, I've preferred to do GNU/GCC work with makefiles, or use tools like Keil or IAR where I can clone the project from one directory to the next, or drop and fashion a new project in 5 minutes or less.

Might be instructive to scratch build a project in Eclipse, and decide if YOU like it.

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
Gawie
Associate II
Posted on April 19, 2017 at 16:25

Yes, I am looking for 

GNU/GCC work with makefiles.  Any release from STM or Github you have seem my have the STM32L4 example ?

Posted on April 21, 2017 at 04:21

Thanks for advice, instead of using his script. I follow other method he has

http://www.carminenoviello.com/2015/06/04/stm32-applications-eclipse-gcc-stcube/

But then I got error build the STCube project for 

STM32L476RG-Nucleo.

I am using the following in GNU C compiler :

USE_STM32L4XX_NUCLEO

STM32L476xx

I tried to locate Doc which explain what project Build options should be used for each platform/chip but could not locate it.  Anyone has ideas??

Description Resource Path Location Type

'TIM_COUNTERMODE_UP' undeclared (first use in this function) stm32l4xx_hal_timebase_tim_template.c /Test(STM-L4)/system/src/STM32L4xx line 135 C/C++ Problem

'TIM_IT_UPDATE' undeclared (first use in this function) stm32l4xx_hal_timebase_tim_template.c /Test(STM-L4)/system/src/STM32L4xx line 155 C/C++ Problem

unknown type name 'TIM_HandleTypeDef' stm32l4xx_hal_timebase_tim_template.c /Test(STM-L4)/system/src/STM32L4xx line 74 C/C++ Problem