cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Eclipse project for SensorTile ?

Dilbert K
Senior
Posted on April 12, 2017 at 17:23

I just started with SensorTile develpment.  Got the STEVAL-STLCX01V1 in house and have downloaded firmware 

en.stsw-stlkt01.zip.

Got it build success using IAR.  As I gone through release doc, it support 3 versions of IDE.

Just wondering, where I may able to find the project files for Eclipse ?

Or any doc showing how I may able to convert one of the supported IDE project to Eclipse ??

Thanks for advice

12 REPLIES 12
Sal Aguinaga
Associate II
Posted on April 12, 2017 at 19:05

No sure if this will help, but Are you talking about the OpenSTM32 tool? 

http://www.openstm32.org

Rob.Riggs
Senior
Posted on April 13, 2017 at 04:46

Given the way the question was phrased, I am assuming you are somewhat familiar with GNU ARM Eclipse.  If that's not the case, please let me know.

Your best bet is to have STM32CubeMX write the project out as an Atollic Studio project and go from there.  Atollic is built on Eclipse and most of the output translates to GNU ARM Eclipse.  If you have not done ARM development on Eclipse using GNU ARM Eclipse, the

https://mcuoneclipse.com/

website is pretty helpful, though it is more focused on NXP/Freescale offerings.  The basics of using Eclipse for for ARM Cortex-M development is the same.
Posted on April 14, 2017 at 01:17

Yes, I have user experience with Eclipse but not too much into Setup and configuration of Project side of it.  

I had installed both Eclipse & also OpenSTM32 through Eclipse.

Also import the stsw-stlkt01 project and try to build...

However, all files has mapping to 

C:\Projects\Src\

C:\Middlewares\ST

C:\Drivers\BSP\Components

Is there a way to change some relative mapping reference to 'stsw-stlkt01\v1.2.0' folder structures ?

Posted on April 15, 2017 at 18:29

OK, if I installed the SystemWorkbench as window application, then I could move further.

Now I could install the 'STM32L4xx-SensorTile' project and build project.

But I have following type warnings (7 of them) :

• Invalid project path: Include path not found (C:\stsw-stlkt01\v1.2.0\Drivers\BSP\Components\lis3mdl). STM32L4xx-SensorTile pathentry Path Entry Problem

If I ignore warning, I could load code and run debugger (as I can see LED blinking on Sensor Tile also BLE advertise).

However, the debugger could not locate project source path.

• No source file named
  • C:\\stsw-stlkt01\\v1.2.0\\Projects\\SensorTile\\Applications\\BLE_SampleApp\\Src\\main.c.

I had confirmed the location path of source file is correct.

Why it show as '\\' instead of single '\' ??

Thanks for suggestions for software startup doc for quick start.

Posted on April 16, 2017 at 21:00

Found the issue for 'No source file named', STM released project has Debugger info disabled.  After enabled it, it show Main() source in debugger.

Posted on May 10, 2017 at 14:20

Thanks for your feedback

K.Dilbert

‌!

The upcoming release of STSW-STLKT01 software package willenable the 'Debugging Info' by default.

Sal Aguinaga_2
Associate
Posted on May 26, 2017 at 20:04

Do you see an advantage with system workbench over IAR (Embedded workbench)?  Does system work bench for Windows work out of the box, or do you you need drivers to be able to connect the Nucleo (

NUCLEO-f401reT6 ) To the Expansion Cradle? 

Posted on May 27, 2017 at 03:49

IAR require to pay and they don't even list the price for each license.  

System workbench is basically eclipse with linker/debugger modification.  ST release support it, can just load the project and run (most of the time)

The SensorTile startup guide has a diagram which show how to connect NUCLEO to Cradle.

Posted on June 01, 2017 at 16:37

I followed the instructions to install System Workbench and I got as far as building the AudioLoop project but got the following error: 'make: *** No rule to make target `C:/Drivers/STM32L4xx_HAL_Driver/Src/stm32l4xx_hal.c', needed by `Drivers/STM32L4xx_HAL_Driver/stm32l4xx_hal.o'. Stop.

K.Dilbert

did run into this? Where can I redirect the project to right location of my files. I downloaded ST files to `Users/sagui/Downloads/v1.2.0/` (using windows 10 development system).