cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32F303 Nucleo-144: which IDE to use for Development?

Prasant J
Associate III
Posted on April 06, 2017 at 13:36

Hi,

I have a STM32F303 Nucleo-144 Development Kit and struggling to figure out which IDE to use. This is first project with Cortex-M micro-controller and I have a few queries:

* If somebody who is aware of the software ecosystem can give some insights then it will be very helpful.

* Is there a free IDE available?

* STM32 Cube is only a GUI utility to generate configuration files that can be used along with other IDEs. Am I correct?

Regards, Pj

#ide #newbie #nucleo-f303
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Nesrine M_O
Lead II
Posted on April 06, 2017 at 14:22

Hi

pj0585

Welcome to STM32 community

* If somebodywho is aware of the software ecosystem can give some insights then it will be very helpful.

* Is therea free IDE available?

* STM32 Cube is only a GUI utility to generate configurationfiles that can be used along with other IDEs. Am I correct?

-Nesrine-

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Nesrine M_O
Lead II
Posted on April 06, 2017 at 14:22

Hi

pj0585

Welcome to STM32 community

* If somebodywho is aware of the software ecosystem can give some insights then it will be very helpful.

* Is therea free IDE available?

* STM32 Cube is only a GUI utility to generate configurationfiles that can be used along with other IDEs. Am I correct?

-Nesrine-

Posted on April 06, 2017 at 14:36

Pick one you like, and read the documentation. IDE choice is mostly about personally liking a specific look/feel.

If you want professional tools and support, you usually have to pay for them. Free tools come with the expectation that you can support yourself, solve your own problems, and read the documentation alone.

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
Prasant J
Associate III
Posted on April 11, 2017 at 08:22

Thanks

ELMHIRI.Syrine

‌ and

Turvey.Clive.002

‌ for your inputs.

m4l490n
Associate III
Posted on August 24, 2017 at 22:54

J.Prasant

I know it's a little late but you should check the following resource

http://gnuarmeclipse.sourceforge.net/

. There you will find everythingyou need to get your IDE and toolchain using only free and open source resources. Following those instructions, you will end up with a full IDE based solution and working examples to start working right away in your ST micros. Without paying a cent or having to download trial or limited versions of any software or IDE.

You'll have Eclipse as the IDE, GNU ARM GCC as your compiler, Segger JLink software and plug-in for eclipse to debugyour board using the onboard JLink from the NUCLEO boards and the CMSIS Packs. You can then install

http://www.st.com/en/development-tools/stsw-stm32html

and then download the STM32CubeF3 from inside STM32CubeMX.

Regards.

Manuel Malagon

Posted on October 27, 2017 at 15:35

Hi

Malagon.Manuel

Were you able to generate an eclipse project using the cube plugin?

Thanks,

Evgeny