cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

With STLCS01V1 (SensorTile Kit) can I capture x seconds of Audio?

Sal Aguinaga
Associate II
Posted on April 09, 2017 at 20:24

I just got my SensorTile. The BlueMS iOS app only streams Audio level (sound level). Is the iOS source code available to modify? I'd like to modify the iOS code to stream x seconds of raw audio and play it back on the host PC/Mac, is this possible?

How can I capture 'raw' audio on the sensorTile and either stream it over BT to a paired-host? Or how do I capture raw audio and save it to to the micro-SD card on the STLCR01V1 board? Then I connect cradle-board to the host, transfer any capture audio?

#sensortile #audio #pcm #ble
2 REPLIES 2
Sal Aguinaga
Associate II
Posted on April 09, 2017 at 20:39

Due diligence:

I downloaded STSW-STLKT01 software to my system, in this package I see an example called AudioLoop. I just want to make sure I have the necessary hardware and tools to test this program.  In the readme.txt file it says that I need one of these 3 IDEs? 

This package contains projects for 3 IDEs viz. IAR, µVision and System Workbench.

Are these IDEs free or purchase only? Are these available only for Windows host-PCs, or for Linux, or MacOS?

According to slide 13/14 of 

https://media.digikey.com/pdf/Data%20Sheets/ST%20Microelectronics%20PDFS/steval-stlkt01v1_quick_start_guide.pdf

, it looks like I don't need any other hardware. However, the readme.txt file in STmodule/v1.2.0/binary/ folder states that I need a Nucleo Board? If I look at DigiKey, I see several Nucleo boards, which one do I need? 

https://www.digikey.com/en/product-highlight/s/stmicroelectronics/nucleo-development-boards

I will download OpenSTM32, I noticed that the `applications` folder.

Sal Aguinaga
Associate II
Posted on April 12, 2017 at 19:16

[System Workbench] I downloaded OpenSTM32 and did 'Build All', but how exactly do I '... load your image into target memory.'? Is it the `.elf` file that I need to load?