Associate III
Posted on March 03, 2018 at 08:35

I want to RSS this content, 

0690X00000609szQAA.png

but it always return me this...

0690X00000609sfQAA.png

Cariati.Francesco

‌

Some of the RSS function is not working?

please fix.

#rss
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Posted on March 16, 2018 at 04:55

Dear

tengwei.zhang

, I have a good news and a bad news for you.

• RSS feeds that do not require any authentication (because their content is not tailored to your specific activity) are now working.
  • However, RSS feeds (like the one you are having issues with) that require user authentication to work are, unfortunately, not available due to technical limitations of the Jive-x software (*).

The solution is to configure Notifications within your user profile and avoid using RSS.

(*) Long story: we store user credentials in our SSO system (my.st.com) and community.st.com authenticates you against that user directory.

RSS feeds that are user-tailored need to authenticate you before giving away their content, but RSS can't follow the various HTTP redirects that SSO requires for auth and therefore it can't work.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Posted on March 05, 2018 at 09:41

Hi

tengwei.zhang

‌ Ihave logged a case with the supplier and I'll update your shortly

Posted on March 14, 2018 at 07:43

Hi

tengwei.zhang

To help further the investigation, I wanted to ask youif you are able to subscribe to other RSS feeds successfully (except for this one which we already know it doesn't work)

Posted on March 14, 2018 at 07:56

I just review my only one RSS feeds which I thought was successfully set up. (set up steps was: avatar -> your content -> Get a feed of this content)

0690X0000060A7BQAU.png

It didn't show up the news you just reply to me.

I think it don't work too.

Posted on March 16, 2018 at 04:55

Dear

tengwei.zhang

, I have a good news and a bad news for you.

• RSS feeds that do not require any authentication (because their content is not tailored to your specific activity) are now working.
  • However, RSS feeds (like the one you are having issues with) that require user authentication to work are, unfortunately, not available due to technical limitations of the Jive-x software (*).

The solution is to configure Notifications within your user profile and avoid using RSS.

(*) Long story: we store user credentials in our SSO system (my.st.com) and community.st.com authenticates you against that user directory.

RSS feeds that are user-tailored need to authenticate you before giving away their content, but RSS can't follow the various HTTP redirects that SSO requires for auth and therefore it can't work.