cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

System Workbench - How to copy projects ?

Peko
Associate III
Posted on April 20, 2017 at 17:21

Hi,

I tried some example ( e.g. example GPIO_EXTI ) from STM32Cube_FW_F4_V1.15.0 on my board STM32F407-Disc.

I used System Workbench for STM32 ver. 1.14.  It`s work well

if it is in the original directory.

But I tried to copy this example to my Workspace directory. In window 'Import Projects' I selected switch 'Copy projects into workspace'. (I follow the instructions of UM1730 page 17).  In 'Project Explorer' is appeared required project. But it didn`t work. There was missing the main.c file and many other files.

Is it a mistake in System Workbench or should it be done in a different way?

Peter

4 REPLIES 4
Bill Lewis
Associate III
Posted on April 20, 2017 at 18:27

One way that works for me:

- copy the project dir (the original that works) someplace else, outside of the workspace.

- in Eclipse in the workspace, rename the original project.

- then Import, pointing to the temporary copy, and select the Copy project checkbox.

- now you can delete the temporary copy.

Posted on April 21, 2017 at 11:27

Hi,

I tried your instructions, but it does not work. I imported example GPIO_EXTI. In pictures is the result. In work directory still missing the necessary files (

main.c file and many other files).

Peter   

0690X00000603SoQAI.jpg

Posted on April 21, 2017 at 16:01

Peter,

I misunderstood your original question.   I thought you were trying to copy an existing

working project in the workspace.  An Eclipse issue.

The Eclipse project files are in:

STM32Cube_FW_F4_V1.15.0\Projects\STM32F413H-Discovery\Examples\GPIO\GPIO_EXTI\SW4STM32\STM32F413H_DISCOVERY

main.c is found in:

STM32Cube_FW_F4_V1.15.0\Projects\STM32F413H-Discovery\Examples\GPIO\GPIO_EXTI\Src

Peko
Associate III
Posted on April 24, 2017 at 16:07

Hi,

Even though I'm copying files main.c and mian.h, there are a lot of bugs there. I think the problem is in setting the right paths. But I do not know how to do it.

Could anyone write me a precise point-by-point, what should I copy and where.

I use board STM32F407-Disc1 and I need copy  GPIO_EXTI from STM32Cube_FW_F4_V1.15.0 to my work directory.

Thank you,

Peter