Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32756G-EVAL SPI/I2C

YOEL BEN NAIM
Associate
Posted on April 20, 2017 at 11:19

Hi

I want to connect a thermal camera to the STM32756G-EVAL EV board.

In order to connect it I need to have one free SPI terminal and one I2C free terminal.

When looking at the user manual I can't find SPI mentioned anywhere, and if I look at the SPI ports of the Microcontroller it seems that they are taken by other IC's and peripherals. Same for the I2C ports.

What do I do?

How can I connect I2C and SPI to the 

STM32756G-EVAL EV board?

Thank you

#stm32756g-eval-spi/i2c
2 REPLIES 2
Imen.D
ST Employee
Posted on April 20, 2017 at 14:33

Hi

ben_naim.yoel

You should refer to the

http://www.st.com/content/ccc/resource/technical/document/datasheet/fb/d4/56/db/60/61/4f/9c/DM00166pdf/files/DM00166pdf/jcr:content/translations/en.DM00166pdf

to have idea aboutthe features, the list of peripherals availableand to be able identify the pins assignment (free/usable pins)

Imen

When your question is answered, please close this topic by clicking "Accept as Solution".
Thanks
Imen
Max
ST Employee
Posted on April 21, 2017 at 07:05

This is true that the EVAL board is quite crowded and most of the pins are used on the board.

You should identify a function you are not using on the board and remove the 0 Ohm resistor that connect the pin to the board function.

This way, the pin becomes available for your own usage.

In some (rare) cases you may even have a jumper to disconnect the on-board function: look at the board schematic to identify those.