cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STL26NM60N now only tape and reel; alternatives?

Matthew Geen
Associate II
Posted on April 24, 2017 at 12:57

We are using FET STL26NM60N on a PCB that we sell. These are now only available as tape and reel, in quantities of 3000, which is 25 years' supply  for us. Can anyone suggest a direct replacement? STL23NM60ND and STL33N65M2 look promising. Thanks, Matt.

#stl26nm60n
6 REPLIES 6
Posted on April 24, 2017 at 17:01

Places like DigiKey provide cut reels

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
Posted on April 24, 2017 at 17:21

Thanks Clive; I think it's more complicated than that. These items are showing as 22 week lead time and reels of 3000 on DigiKey (Farnell and the rest have simply discontinued them). So I guess ST have stopped making them as stock items, but will make you a reel if you ask nicely and wait a while. We are looking at STL23NM60ND as an alternative. Seems very similar.

Posted on April 24, 2017 at 18:12

The industry has changed, virtually nobody makes stock items unless they are super high-running lines, everything is scheduled and built-to-order, and fabs are moved to more productive lines. The 12-26 week lead-times are not unusual.

You might want to check what equivalent parts are high-runners as these will have better long term availability.

Posted on April 24, 2017 at 18:49

OK, thanks; 'You might want to check what equivalent parts are high-runners ...' I guess that's a way of paraphrasing my original question! How would I find out the two parts of that suggestion?

Posted on April 25, 2017 at 17:03

Round here we'd talk to the major distributors, and local ST reps. Several places where you can see stock levels, order/delivery queues.

Posted on April 27, 2017 at 09:33

Thanks again; we are following up along those lines. We design build and support low volume, high value kit, which needs to be supported over 5 to 10 years or more. We subcontract board build (and hence component supply), so we are normally isolated from the component suppliers; until there are problems ...