Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DCMI interface on the Open407v-D

sak hos
Associate III
Posted on April 29, 2017 at 03:27

Hello ,

i'm working with the Open407V-D and i'm having problems with the DCMI interface, is there any jumpers to set in order to chose the PIN that i want to work with ? because when i use cable it work but when i put the camera directly on the DCMI interface of teh Open407V-D it's not working

thank you

3 REPLIES 3
Posted on April 29, 2017 at 03:39

Honestly we don't get a lot of WaveShare traffic here, have you gone over the schematic and the pins your software build is using now?

http://www.waveshare.com/wiki/Open407V-D

The STM32F405 Data Sheet should breakdown the pins usable by the DCMI connection, there are a relatively finite set of choices. Review the pin tables.

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
Posted on April 29, 2017 at 16:34

Hello,

first of all thanks for the reply,

i attached the hardware descritption of the DCMI interface in the open404v-d,

i'm using STM32F4discovery as MCU but i'think i should put some jumper in order to chose the pin because for almost all input there two pin that can be used

0690X00000602SHQAY.bmp
Posted on April 29, 2017 at 17:17

There are a couple of approaches, the software likely has a large section defining the pin utilization. If you don't want to change the software set the jumpers to match the connectivity described by the software. The other is to use the settings you think best on the hardware side, and change the software settings to match.

Perhaps look at the STM32F4-CAM and STM32F4DIS-BB schematics, connections, and demo software, as this directly uses the STM32F4-DISCO boards, and is one of the most prolific.

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..