cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is the function of SWD CN2 header in Nucleo 32 board ?

Yu LU
Associate II
Posted on May 05, 2017 at 09:03

Hi, I want to use the stlink part on Nucleo 32 board to write program to a external STM32L432KC board, via SWCLK and SWDIO, can it be achieved ? If so how will be the process ? 

I noticed the SWD CN2 Header reserved on the board, but I do not know how to use it. You did not reserved the selection 0 Ohm resistor or jumper. But I do think you leave it alive for some use ? I checked with oscilloscope, when I download program to the MCU, no wave form.

0690X00000603orQAA.jpg

Thank you for any body who can help me !

Best regards,

Yu LU

#swd-download #stlink
5 REPLIES 5
Yu LU
Associate II
Posted on May 05, 2017 at 09:30

Now I know that the SWD header connected to the st-link MCU SW pins. Thats why I can not measure waveform when loading program into the main MCU. But still have question for what should I do if I want to use Nucleo 32 board stlink part to write program on external MCU Stm32L432KC ?

Also could I use Nucleo 64 board to write  

program on external MCU Stm32L432KC ? 

Posted on May 05, 2017 at 11:10

Nucleo32 is not forseen to eithe program an external device or to be programmed by an external programmer. Internal bootloader of the cpu under test on the nucleo32 also need major hacking.

You can use an external Nucleo-64 to programm other devices the SWD pins of these devices are accessible. If you use wire jumpers, the more ground wires you use the safer...

Posted on May 05, 2017 at 20:17

Used to program the ST-LINK firmware in manufacture.

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
Posted on May 08, 2017 at 03:41

Hello,Uwe,

THank your for your response!

So Could I use Nucleo-64 to program an external mcu STM32L432KC ? If so, how to configure the board and connect with STM32L432KC ? Thank you! 

Posted on May 08, 2017 at 04:49

On the NUCLEO-64's you'd use the SWDIO and SWCLK exposed on CN4, and remove the jumpers on CN2

I think the User Manual covers such things.

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..