Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need LoRa example for 2 boards communication

Jan Muller
Associate
Posted on April 25, 2017 at 13:11

Hi,

I bought two STM32 Nucleo-L073RZ pack boards with expansion LoRa boards. I downloaded from STM32 site the example projects for board and I tried to run project for LoRa called PingPong. This project should start the communication between two boards. I unsuccessfully tried the PingPong project under IAR and also under Keil. It did not work, maybe problem in synchronization. At the beginning it works, but it fails after a some time.

I would like to ask anybody of simple source code STM32 with LoRa to run communication between two boards, simply receiver and transceiver.

Thank you,

Jan Muller

#lora
3 REPLIES 3
Posted on April 25, 2017 at 17:52

Responded earlier to PM

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
Posted on April 26, 2017 at 11:36

Hello Clive,

Would you mind make your response public?

May be a specific use-case/configuration leads to a particular issue with our example, it will be helpful for us and other Community members to know about it.

Thanks for your understanding.

-Amel

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Posted on April 26, 2017 at 17:03

No, I think that creates more busy-work for me, the PM arrived first, and I've handled it off-board. If I get feedback that my suggested changes work outside my test bench, I'll perhaps share an example.

The Ping-Pong example has meta-stability issues, it starts, it stops, it doesn't restart, the nodes get confused about what role they are playing, or can't decide. The example is also a bit superficial, if you extend or alter it to some more practical/real-world use case, you run into a number of flaws that should have been apparent when it was coded. There are issues with interrupt priorities, code in interrupt handlers blocking, and with the radio / uarts interacting badly causing data loss on both interfaces.

More generally there seems to be some issues with using the FSK build, splitting/spanning of large packets, call-backs. Now some of this may be due to a lack of appreciation about how the API is supposed to function, on my part, but the PingPong example does a poor job of illustrating how things should work, or act as a rigorous test of the API.

What is the value of doing Radio.Sleep(), and the purpose of inserting DelayMs(1) with no explanation? Why doing RadioTx() in the 'case TX:' seems to not succeed a lot of the time? Should I be able to manage data transfers in the call-backs? Are there situations where no call-backs will occur?

Not sure this is something I can hash out on the forum. Perhaps you have someone with some in-depth understanding of the API and radio stack?

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..