cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CubeMX - failure to install en.stm32cubel4.zip

John Griswold
Senior
Posted on December 08, 2017 at 21:56

After CubeMX griped that my software was too old, I tried to upgrade from the New Libraries Manager, but there was an error downloading the file. I fetched the file manually, then tried installing using the New Libraries Manager 'local' function. I get a 'Problem during unzip of file', though the file unzips fine under 7Zip.

Can anybody provide an alternate method of installing this library? This is preventing me from even _starting_ a project.

#cubemx-zip-file-new-library-manager
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Posted on December 13, 2017 at 21:44

Hmmm. That might be the trick. At least running as Admin - it's still running, v. erroring our after a second. The unzip appears to be glacial, but it continues.

And it finally finished. This appears to the 'the answer'.

Thanks very much

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Posted on December 08, 2017 at 22:47

This is my share of L4 V1.10.0

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B7OY5pub_GfIZVVxcGhJVGR4SnM

Make sure you have enough free space on you drive to hold the 2GB and the ~4GB, or whatever, it takes unpacked. Delete older stuff from the repository if necessary.

The software doesn't test for available space, so you can get non-specific errors about downloads or unpacking steps when the drive fills up. Run into issues on a couple of older machines with smaller hard drives, and having downloaded multiple libraries from multiple families.

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
Posted on December 13, 2017 at 19:15

Very good hint, but with 67GB free, I don't think that's the problem. Thanks for sharing the file. I will see whether it installs.

I checked the file's integrity by unzipping it (Windows native tool. not 7-Zip), then attempted, without success, to install it using the 'local' button in the CubeMX dialog.

Grrrr...
Posted on December 13, 2017 at 21:30

And you have v4.23.0 of CubeMX?

AV software? Run 'As Administrator' ?

For someone at ST to troubleshoot this you will likely need to provide more detail about your specific setup, version of Windows, other softwares, etc.

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
Posted on December 13, 2017 at 21:44

Hmmm. That might be the trick. At least running as Admin - it's still running, v. erroring our after a second. The unzip appears to be glacial, but it continues.

And it finally finished. This appears to the 'the answer'.

Thanks very much