cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

stm32l + fatfs

John Griswold
Senior
Posted on December 27, 2017 at 18:52

All of the FATFs examples (and indeed, CubeMX) appear to be geared toward the STM32F series chips when using FatFS. I want to use the STM32L433, insofar as I have a lot of my application already written for that device. Now they want to add a file system and SD card...

Am I 'spitting into the wind' trying to get a L series chip to work with this? Does it not have enough horsepower to do the job? I'll be writing something on the order of 35 bytes at a 720 samples/second rate. Will this keep up with DMA?

Writing to another device is possible, but the ultra-lower power consumption is one of the attractions to this chip.

Thanks,

John

2 REPLIES 2
Posted on December 27, 2017 at 20:18

The L475 has an MMC/SDIO interface that should work, the others likely workable with SPI

I would tend to avoid multiple small writes, you should accumulate data and write in multiples of 512 bytes.

Tips, buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
S.Ma
Principal
Posted on December 27, 2017 at 20:44

The Discovery STM32L496 has microSD card demo, so I would probably look into the example code and adapt if they share the same reference manual (the same bag of design IPs)