Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Motor profiling with custom board

Vlad Simionescu
Associate
Posted on May 06, 2017 at 18:21

Hello,

I am working on a custom brushless motor control board. ST offers the 'ST Motor Profiler'  but that seems to work only with some stock boards. Is there anyway around this? Is the algorithm available either as source code or library?

Thank you,

Vlad

6 REPLIES 6
Dillon Stewart
Associate II
Posted on August 11, 2017 at 17:02

In ST motor control workbench, there is an option under new project for custom application type. Select that, then select 'custom board' under 'control', and 'custom board' under 'power'

Posted on September 13, 2017 at 21:24

Hello Dillon, 

I am talking about the Motor Profiler not the Motor Control Workbench. I have already a board defined in the motor control workbench and my problem is that I can't use it with the Motor Profiler as that seems to accept only a few predefined baords.

BR,

Vlad

Hani Chahine
Associate II
Posted on November 20, 2017 at 05:30

Vlad, (or anyone else), did you figure out how to do this? I've also got a custom board design and would like the ability to use it to profile our motor(s). Surely, this should be simple to implement but I can't seem to find any info about using the profiler with anything but the supported control/power board combos.

Hani Chahine
Associate II
Posted on February 01, 2018 at 00:26

Anyone?

Posted on February 01, 2018 at 01:41

For commercial projects suggest you locate local office/reps and contact an FAE.

File an online support request from the main site.

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
Laurent Ca...
Lead II

The question has been moved from the "Motor Control Hardware" section to the "STM32 Motor Control" section (the question is about the STM32 MC SDK). 

Best regards