Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error[Li005] no definition for ''HAL_ADC_Init''

Dario Laezza
Associate II
Posted on March 15, 2018 at 17:31

Hi everyone,

My name is Dario and I'm getting the error above when I try to compile my project. What I'm doing is as follow: I'm trying to take advantage of the P2P demo released for the F4 nucleo and based on the IDS01A4 radio shield, but when I try to activate the ADC peripheral on the Nucleo board there is an error in the linking phase. I realize that the stm32f4xx_hal_adc.h is not in the driver files even if I try to add it through a path different from the ones used by the demo project (preprocessor tab). I also tried to eliminate 

stm32f4xx_hal_adc.c and add it directely to the Application folder, the problem still persist. Could anyone help me for that kind of problem? Thank you so much

0690X00000609xqQAA.png

#ids01a4 #hal_adc #stm32f4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Posted on March 15, 2018 at 18:37

The linker is indicating the lack of the source that should be in the

stm32f4xx_hal_adc.c file

You should check also that the ADC code has been enabled in stm32f4xx_hal_conf.h used by your project. Review the example and template projects.

Tips, buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Posted on March 15, 2018 at 18:37

The linker is indicating the lack of the source that should be in the

stm32f4xx_hal_adc.c file

You should check also that the ADC code has been enabled in stm32f4xx_hal_conf.h used by your project. Review the example and template projects.

Tips, buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
Posted on March 15, 2018 at 22:15

Hi Clive,

thank you so much for you help, I enabled the ADC MODULE in

stm32f4xx_hal_conf.h and the ADC works correctely. Best regards

Dario Laezza

Il 15 Mar 2018 18:37, 'Clive One' <,st-microelectronics@jiveon.com>, ha

scritto:

STMicroelectronics Community

<,https://community.st.com/?et=watches.email.thread>,

Re: Error[Li005] no definition for 'HAL_ADC_Init'

reply from Clive One

<,