Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Send LoRa packet with AT command - b-l072z-lrwan1

Aaron Tsede
Associate
Posted on June 12, 2017 at 15:37

Hello,

I am trying to use LoRa connectivity with the brand new b-l072z-lrwan1 discovery board. The End Node project works perfectly but I have an issue with the AT Slave project. When I try to send LoRa packet to my Multitech gateway, this one never receive the packet and I cannot use AT command with the disco board anymore. I can only do a hardware reset of the board. 

As you can see on my screenshot, the Join process has been done correctly. After the AT+SEND command I never receive a status like OK or AT ERROR.

Are you able to help me ?

Thank you !

Aaron

#b-l072z-lrwan1 #at_slave #lora
13 REPLIES 13
Rob Rodriguez
Associate II
Posted on August 15, 2017 at 00:03

I am having this same issue. It appears to be related to the tiny_sscanf, but I can't seem to figure out why?

Posted on August 15, 2017 at 01:54

Try rebuilding the firmware using the v1.1.1 release of the LRWAN software

http://www.st.com/en/embedded-software/i-cube-lrwan.html

Tips, buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
Danny Chow
Associate II
Posted on August 15, 2017 at 12:12

I have exactly the same problem in the AT_Slave software that I built.

I was using LRWAN software v1.1.1. I only added the 'REGION_US915' compiler switch without modifying anything of the code.

If I use the binary provided in this thread: 

https://community.st.com/community/stm32-community/blog/2017/04/05/lora-discovery-kit

(

LoraDisco_ATSlave_US915.hex),

I can send data without this stopping issue.

Any way to solve it?

Posted on August 15, 2017 at 16:02

Here is a quick build of AT_Slave V1.1.1 US915

Attachments :

LoraDisco_ATSlave_US915_V111.hex.zip : https://st--c.eu10.content.force.com/sfc/dist/version/download/?oid=00Db0000000YtG6&ids=0680X000006HySN&d=%2Fa%2F0X0000000b8n%2F88fmzhPFPd725.0hxoa27SXLpVu4ox7Wlsn2VuExdjU&asPdf=false
Tips, buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
Rob Rodriguez
Associate II
Posted on August 16, 2017 at 04:33

Like others have posted we need customization, we also use US_915_HYBRID and require channel masks (hence our custom build). 

Posted on August 16, 2017 at 04:21

Thanks Clive One. Your build works for me. I can send the data and receive response.

But I also need to figure out our cause as we need to customize the firmware and build ourselves.

Posted on August 17, 2017 at 01:23

Let's wind that back a bit, if you can't build the stock version into a functional firmware then you need to look at the tools you're using, because unless these work any customization is likely to similarly fail.

Posted on August 17, 2017 at 01:25

If the stock build doesn't work you should perhaps focus on that first.

Posted on August 17, 2017 at 01:35

I used the provided project and the recommended eclipse based tools. It builds just fine. Just send doesn't work. It hangs in tiny_sscanf. I worked around it and doing my own build with my own tool chain that is now working fine.