Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ethernet RMII Rx Error

R Piacenzia
Associate III
Posted on May 12, 2017 at 17:16

Hi.

I am working with the STM32F767 and configuring the Ethernet RMII interface.    The Ethernet PHY has an Rx Error output, and I'm not sure if this must be connected to the STM32.

STMCube when configuring the Ethernet RMII interface doesn't allow selecting 'Activate Rx Err signal' .   The Rx Error option is greyed out

Is this RMII signal required back to the STM32?

How is it configured in STMCube or manually, or where can I find this information?

For comparison, the STM32F746 Discovery board has the Rx Error signal wired back to the STM32 on BGA pin PG2, which only lists alternate functions FMC_A12 and EVENT_OUT.    Neither are RMII functions?

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Posted on May 14, 2017 at 00:03

There's no RMII_RX_ERR in the ETH/MAC implementation in STM32.

Rx error results in corrupted bits and it's likely (although not guaranteed) that the received frame will be discarded on invalid CRC.

Other option is to connect the signal to any pin set as external interrupt (this is probably the intention of the connection on said Discovery board).

JW

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Posted on May 14, 2017 at 00:03

There's no RMII_RX_ERR in the ETH/MAC implementation in STM32.

Rx error results in corrupted bits and it's likely (although not guaranteed) that the received frame will be discarded on invalid CRC.

Other option is to connect the signal to any pin set as external interrupt (this is probably the intention of the connection on said Discovery board).

JW