cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CubeMX became a cloud application

Posted on January 24, 2018 at 06:21

So, the 4.24 version won't generate anything if it does not have an internet connection. Even if there is firmware in repository...

Now I'm loving the earlier version with a passion! 

26 REPLIES 26
parsec
Associate III
Posted on January 24, 2018 at 08:40

I tried offline mode and it does throw a bunch of 'HTTP server not found' errors when starting a new project, referencing the following files:

mcusDocs.json

mcusFeaturesAndDescription.json

mcusAds.json

boardsDocs.json

boards.json

After clicking Ok on all dialogs it appears to work fine for me, however.

Posted on January 24, 2018 at 12:35

I made it work as I wanted, eventually. But the feeling that there are options that were not supposed to be available for everyone, is still there - the Makefile project generation is still rendered unusable and measures are taken to remain that way in the foreseeable future (hiding the Makefile.tpl).

Posted on January 24, 2018 at 13:51

Version 4.23.0 tried to update its MCU database (I guess) when you started new project only.

Posted on January 24, 2018 at 14:06

With 4.23 version the things are ok, if you tell it to work exclusively local, it will do just that. I have it on manual regarding update checks. On the other hand, 4.24 behavior is cloud like, I think is testing the waters.

Posted on January 24, 2018 at 14:17

It seems they invest in non-core features. I am somewhat disappointed by the 4.24 - first test I did just failed (reported LL issues in separate thread).

Posted on January 24, 2018 at 17:51

Have they learned nothing from the cloud-based disaster of Jive ... ?

Posted on January 24, 2018 at 21:23

So, the 4.24 version won't generate anything if it does not have an internet connection. Even if there is firmware in repository...

To exclude some unfortunate coincidence at Vasile's place, can somebody else please confirm this behaviour?

ST's comment would be nice, too.

JW

Posted on January 24, 2018 at 21:48

Disabled the WIFI (the only internet connection) and generated simple project for the device I have never used.

Seems to work fine.

Posted on January 25, 2018 at 04:30

So, nobody observed that the upgrade of the software itself is no longer optional?