cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

stm32cubemx low layer code generation for stm32l1 family? when?

Posted on June 30, 2017 at 21:37

It is planned? When it will arrive? Regarding I2C peripherals, I prefer the Low Layer approach, more similar to what we have for PICs and AVRs (considering  that, I was a little bit confused by the HAL approach, completely non-functional for me as I need to port some code from AVRs and PICs).

Thank You! 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Posted on August 01, 2017 at 13:11

Now, the STM32CubeMX can generate Low Layer code for all STM32 microcontrollers! Thank you ST Microelectronics! Should I push further and ask a generation code for SDCC from STM8CubeMX?

🙂

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Posted on July 01, 2017 at 20:53

LL drivers for the STM32L1 are available at least in STM32Cube_FW_L1_V1.7.0 package. So you can use them for the purpose of I2C setup.

For comparison you can generate the app skeleton using CubeMX for STM32L4 or other MCU for which the LL are generated automatically. Just to see how the initial driver is generated.

Also you can use examples to see how it works. The CubeMX generates only initial drivers - then you can use the LL API manually (initiate transmission, etc).

Posted on July 02, 2017 at 03:02

Thank you for your response! That is exactly what I did - generated a new project for Nucleo L452RE with the same pinmap as my  Nucleo L152RE project (the clock is more complex than L1xx series), it is doable, but no way near the comfort you have when you generate the right code for your board with the CubeMX. Hopefully, that will be possible some day...  

Posted on August 01, 2017 at 13:11

Now, the STM32CubeMX can generate Low Layer code for all STM32 microcontrollers! Thank you ST Microelectronics! Should I push further and ask a generation code for SDCC from STM8CubeMX?

🙂

Posted on August 14, 2017 at 10:43

Hm. Just wondering why I am not able to switch it in STM32CubeMX to LL. For all processor I have tried is there only HAL option (Project Settings > Advanced Settings > Driver Selector), but libraries in repository are LL as well. Weird.

Posted on September 09, 2017 at 06:42

Probably, you need to upgrade also the STM32CubeMX to the last version, not only the libraries.