Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

samples for students

Vincenzo Gibiino
Associate II
Posted on December 26, 2017 at 12:40

hello,

I was wondering which is the policy of ST for the samples for students. I have been using free samples from AVR even before it was Microchip.

If it is possible to ask for samples to ST which is the correct way to do it? should I use the website or is it better an email (a normal gmail account or should i use my university mail?)

thanks in advance

#sample
5 REPLIES 5
Posted on December 26, 2017 at 17:59

There is a University page on the site here, failing that the local sales/support office would seem to be a good starting point.

The NUCLEO and DISCO boards are designed to be budget conscious, the former certainly within the reach of a student.

Tips, buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
Erwan LE-SAINT
ST Employee
Posted on January 04, 2018 at 16:39

Hello

could you please contact me and precise what you are looking for in term of samples? by the way as said Clive, the students are using generally their ownuniversity to do the request.

Erwan

Posted on January 04, 2018 at 22:21

Look for stm32f103c8 development boards on ebay - 2usd including cost

You will also need st-link programmer  ~ 2.5 USD.

This board is supported by the arduino (

https://github.com/rogerclarkmelbourne/Arduino_STM32

) - an easy start with STM32 before you dive into hardware details...
Posted on January 04, 2018 at 22:23

I cannot edit post now. Saying 'including cost' I meant 'including cost of shipment'

Vincenzo Gibiino
Associate II
Posted on January 06, 2018 at 10:28

Golab.Bogdan

‌ I already know about that tiny, cheap, wonderful board. I have been using it for more then a year

I also know stm32duino good work to use the arduino environment which I used to make some little project like

https://github.com/aster94/logic-analyzer

LE_SAINT.Erwan

‌ I am PM you!