cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ST25TA02K-P TAG support any Encryption??

bhargav i
Associate II
Posted on June 20, 2017 at 11:35

Hi Team,

I would like to know 'ST25TA02K-P' TAG IC will support any encryption/cryptographic modes to secure the data??

Or any other TAG from ST support that feature. Basically i want to secure the TAG data.

#st25ta02k-p
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Posted on July 06, 2017 at 16:56

Hello Barghavi,

No passive NFC Tag IC supporting cryptographic tools is currently available in ST25 family ( pure tag portfolio)

Despite ST23 and ST31 being EMVCO products, I forgot to mention that our suggestion is to use them in card emulation mode to implement your use case.

Sorry for the misunderstanding.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Thomas Q.
ST Employee
Posted on June 20, 2017 at 14:12

Hello Bhargavi,

To this day, the ST25TA02K IC does not provide a data encryption mode.

To better help and find an IC matching your need, can you please clarify

which of the two following use cases is the closest to yours :

1) data encryption during RF transaction

2) read/write access protection through a crypted authentication protocol

bhargav i
Associate II
Posted on June 20, 2017 at 14:26

Hi,

For our application (identifying passive TAG using NFC Reader), this would be the nearest - read/write access protection through a crypted authentication protocol on TAG. 

Requirement: TO secure the data inside the passive TAG
Posted on July 03, 2017 at 09:50

Hello

Bhargavi

Among the products available as of today, we identified the

http://www.st.com/content/st_com/en/products/secure-mcus/secure-hardware-platforms/st23.html?querycriteria=productId=SC1126

and

http://www.st.com/en/secure-mcus/st31-arm-sc000.html?querycriteria=productId=SC1617

as potential candidates to implement your use case.
bhargav i
Associate II
Posted on July 04, 2017 at 08:03

Hi,

Thanks for suggesting few new parts. But my application is not EMVco and the mentioned IC's are MCU 'ST23 & ST31' .

I would like to know NFC TAG IC's which support some cryptograph protocol.I would like to design my system in secure mode, no one can understand what data is transfering (unknown format using some cipher key). Communication from TAG IC (from ST) to NFC READER IC (ST25R3914)

1) data encryption during RF transaction

Posted on July 06, 2017 at 16:56

Hello Barghavi,

No passive NFC Tag IC supporting cryptographic tools is currently available in ST25 family ( pure tag portfolio)

Despite ST23 and ST31 being EMVCO products, I forgot to mention that our suggestion is to use them in card emulation mode to implement your use case.

Sorry for the misunderstanding.

Posted on July 06, 2017 at 19:07

>>

Basically i want to secure the TAG data.

Crypt and sign the data so it doesn't exist in plain-text within the tag, in-flight, etc.

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..