cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CubeMX user notes

Peter Allnutt
Associate III
Posted on June 19, 2018 at 10:21

I like to suggest a new feature for upcoming CubeMX versions. I often think it would be useful for a User's Notes addition especially on pins so one can remind one's self at a later date how you intended the pin to be used. Things like 'Only turn this on after B has been turned on' or 'allow 10ms delay after enabling before reading'

6 REPLIES 6
Khouloud GARSI
Lead II
Posted on June 19, 2018 at 12:18

Hi Peter,

Thanks for your intention to contribute to the enhancement of our STM32 resources.

Your proposal is reported internally for review.

Khouloud.

Posted on June 19, 2018 at 12:32

Many thanks 

Posted on June 20, 2018 at 10:13

Hi

Allnutt.Peter

Thanks for your feedback and for your willingness to improve CubeMX.

Really, there is such as option in the actual CubeMX version. In fact, in the Pinout tab, after a right click on the active pin, you can choose “Enter User Label�? to enter your own comment. So, you think this is enough for your application or you suggest another improvementfor the actual situation and of course, all your suggestions are welcome.

Here is an example for user comment on the Pinout tab.

0690X0000060BirQAE.png

0690X0000060Bk5QAE.png

Thanks in advance for helping to complete this thread.

Best Regards,

Mohamed.

Posted on June 20, 2018 at 10:58

Hi

Allnutt.Peter

Thank you for your reply,

I will associate your suggestion to our Development CubeMX teamto assess its feasibility.

Hoping the upcoming versions will meet your expectations.

Best Regards,

Mohamed.

Posted on June 20, 2018 at 10:27

Yes I'm aware of the Pin User Labels Feature and I use this to label the pins so they have the same names as the PCB layout. However this I find limiting especially in the vertical direction. I think CubeMX handles this better now but I often had a situation where, no mater what zoom level you used, the longer the labels the more chance they would be clipped/truncated.

As a result I feel a larger notes associated with a pin is a useful feature. These notes are not displayed all the time but at the request of the user, via right-click maybe. These notes would be included in the Generate Report feature to help one document the project.

Posted on June 20, 2018 at 11:11

Thanks for listening