Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ST-LINK V2 Configuration Database

David Instone
Associate II
Posted on June 11, 2017 at 12:05

Hello all

I have an eBay ST-LINK V2 with an STM8S003F3P development board. Following the tutorial I have managed to get the project compiled without errors and set up the debugger options as instructed with the SWIM ST-LINK option. However when I attempt to start the debugger I get the Target Selection dialog which is fine but then the following error.

Starting debug session...

-> Emulator reset (usb://usb)...

** Connection error (usb://usb): gdi-error [40201]: can't access configuration database

-> Failed to connect target.

The tutorial did not mention I had to include the header file so is there a database that I am supposed to find. Anybody know where it is or what it is called?

#stm8s003f3p #st-link-v2
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Ian Legg
Senior
Posted on June 12, 2017 at 09:36

Hi David,

I think this is related to either the version of STVD you have or whether you install STVD or the STLink v2 driver first. I'm sure there is a posting about it somewhere 🙂

Thanks,

Ian

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Ian Legg
Senior
Posted on June 12, 2017 at 09:36

Hi David,

I think this is related to either the version of STVD you have or whether you install STVD or the STLink v2 driver first. I'm sure there is a posting about it somewhere 🙂

Thanks,

Ian

Posted on June 12, 2017 at 11:15

Thanks for the reply Ian. Of course I kept looking while I waited for the post to be approved and I eventually found this.

You will need to open a command prompt in administrator mode. For those that don't know you will find it at

Windows/Start button->All Programs->Accessories->

Right click on 'Command prompt' and select 'run as administrator'

First type this one

Regsvr32 /u 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\DAO\DAO350.DLL'

And then this one

Regsvr32 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\DAO\DAO350.DLL'

This unloads and then reloads the DAO DLL which fixes the problem nicely. It also assumes you have a standard install of Windows so if you put DAO350.DLL somewhere else then you will have to change the paths.

You might also have to cd \windows\system32 before anything to use regsvr32 but mine defaults to there