cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RS 485 Modbus Protocol

bharti sharma
Associate II
Posted on September 14, 2017 at 13:55

My question is regarding RS485 Modbus protocol I am using STM32F030 Nucleo board for communication with RS485 board two USART is used (USART1 AND usart2) for communication purpose I am sending data USART2 (ST-KIT) to USART1 (laptop)one GPIO pin is used for driver/receiver enable when GPIO pin is high data will transmit and when it is low then data will receive  I am fresher and unable to write code so please guide me with example

2 REPLIES 2
Posted on September 14, 2017 at 14:20

I am fresher and unable to write code so please guide me with example

I'm not sure someone who's unable to write code can successfully write a microcontroller project without reading tons of books and documentation first, but if you insist.. then straight to examples: download the STM32CubeMX software, install the STM32CubeF0 libraries ('Help->Install New Libraries'), find your repository's folder in 'Help->Updater Settings', there you will find many example projects.

By the way, STM32F030's USARTs have hardware flow control for RS485, read the reference manual.

Posted on September 14, 2017 at 17:16

>>I am fresher and unable to write code so please guide me with example

This is the job of your teacher, tutor or supervisor, have higher standards and hold them accountable. Professional guidance is expensive.

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..