cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32CUBEMX FATFS Broken?

con3
Senior
Posted on November 21, 2017 at 19:38

The original post was too long to process during our migration. Please click on the attachment to read the original post.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Posted on November 21, 2017 at 21:35

You're looking at errors at the top level where all detail has been lost, ie FATFS reports a 'Not Working' error.

In the FATFS model the block storage device being used is being mediated through the DISKIO.C file (or equivalent) providing the read/write functionality to the file system. To debug underlying failures of the layers below you should instrument the calls here. ie Report what you're reading/writing, and the errors/status of those operations.

Forum traffic suggests there have been significant issues with the code for the MMC/SDIO layer.

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Posted on November 21, 2017 at 20:19

There are a lot of reports of issues, but it is not FATFS that is the problem, it simply passes status/failure from the subsystem below. You should instrument the SDIO access routines at the diskio.c interface to them.

Posted on November 21, 2017 at 20:47

Evening Clive,

Firstly thank you for the quick reply.

I wanted to know if you could please expand on this:

You should instrument the SDIO access routines at the diskio.c interface to them

I'm not entirely sure what you mean? Should I initialize the system using LL code?

Regards,

Piet

Posted on November 21, 2017 at 21:35

You're looking at errors at the top level where all detail has been lost, ie FATFS reports a 'Not Working' error.

In the FATFS model the block storage device being used is being mediated through the DISKIO.C file (or equivalent) providing the read/write functionality to the file system. To debug underlying failures of the layers below you should instrument the calls here. ie Report what you're reading/writing, and the errors/status of those operations.

Forum traffic suggests there have been significant issues with the code for the MMC/SDIO layer.

Stefan M�ller
Associate II
Posted on November 23, 2017 at 11:37

Hi,

watch out here:

https://community.st.com/0D50X00009XkX6HSAV

Best regards

Stefan

Posted on November 23, 2017 at 16:04

The original post was too long to process during our migration. Please click on the provided URL to read the original post. https://st--c.eu10.content.force.com/sfc/dist/version/download/?oid=00Db0000000YtG6&ids=0680X000006I6t8&d=%2Fa%2F0X0000000bxN%2Fc59RnU_xhd4NgrcjV_ANF79aL7WJxeeTRxy0.zUCjn4&asPdf=false
Posted on November 23, 2017 at 16:05

Good day Stefan,

Thank you for the input. i did the change, although I did not get any closure as it still fails. I completely missed the fact that it didn't initialize! thanks for pointing that out.

Posted on November 26, 2017 at 08:29

Good day Clive,

I've realized I have the exact same issue as the following person,although I can't seem to find a solution.

https://community.st.com/0D50X00009XkX1QSAV

Is there any known solution for this?

Regards,

Piet