cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32CubeMX hanging/not generating project on Mac

Posted on June 27, 2017 at 16:45

Hi,

I have an issue with generating the project code on any of my Macs running macOS. I'm using STM32CubeMX V4.21.0 but already discovered the same issue in previous versions.

Whenever I choose 'Generate Code' from the 'Project' menu CubeMX starts generating the project as expected.

The code generation stops at the stage 'Generating XXX project...' (where XXX is any of the existing toolchains)  which means that the progress bar does not advance anymore and the generation is not completed. The application itself remains reactive.

I can quit CubeMX with the result of having an incomplete project without the toolchain specific project files (e.g. .project, Makefile, linker script etc.).

This problem is independent of the selected MCU and toolchain.

Can anybody help?

Alex

#mac-os #problem #stm32cubemx #code-generation
2 REPLIES 2
Imen.D
ST Employee
Posted on June 27, 2017 at 17:00

Hi,

Could you please share your .ioc and the STM32CubeMX.log file you find under your user directory in the .stm32cubemx folder.

Regards

Imen

When your question is answered, please close this topic by clicking "Accept as Solution".
Thanks
Imen
Posted on June 27, 2017 at 22:50

Hi Imen,

thank you for pointing me to the log file. I've noticed that STM32CubeMX has been using a version of Java 9ea that I've installed some time ago.

Since I don't know how to force STM32CubeMX to use a particular JDK version I uninstalled all but the current version (1.8). Now the project is generated as expected.

Regards,

Alex