Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32F103C8 board bring up

KEDAR JOSHI
Associate
Posted on June 20, 2017 at 14:08

Hi All,

I am new to this domain. 

I am using STM32F103C8 controller and has some proprietary OS on it.

My objective is:

1. To understand aspects(Hardware, Software, Tools, Memory etc) to be considered to add new OS.

2. To remove existing OS and port Free RTOS and board bring-up.

3. Confirming all the required interfaces are up and running.

Thanks in advance.

Kedar

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Posted on June 20, 2017 at 17:02

Hi,

1. Tools:

-CubeMX is a great tool to see all pheripherals (hw) for STM32 MCU - just install it and run to select your MCU and generate hw drivers (app skeleton).

-CubeMX can enable FREERTOS on the board - I mean you can generated code (app skeleton) based on FREERTOS

-CubeMX is able to generate code for a few IDE/Compilers  (Keil, etc) - select one of them during app skeleton generation. I use Keil v5. Free version supports up to 32kB of code.

2. ST-LINK Utility is required to flash the boards - usually the utility is called from IDE when you decide to re-flash the boards. Of course a ST-LINK programmer is required. You can use any cheap version from ebay, or buy original one.

3. Debugger comes to mind (a part of the ST-link programmer). Plus your imagination  (you can output data on a serial interface, blink a led, whatever).

Cube and ST-LInk are available on ST.com (just google), Keil IDE can be found on keil.com (registration required in both cases).

Bogdan

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Posted on June 20, 2017 at 17:02

Hi,

1. Tools:

-CubeMX is a great tool to see all pheripherals (hw) for STM32 MCU - just install it and run to select your MCU and generate hw drivers (app skeleton).

-CubeMX can enable FREERTOS on the board - I mean you can generated code (app skeleton) based on FREERTOS

-CubeMX is able to generate code for a few IDE/Compilers  (Keil, etc) - select one of them during app skeleton generation. I use Keil v5. Free version supports up to 32kB of code.

2. ST-LINK Utility is required to flash the boards - usually the utility is called from IDE when you decide to re-flash the boards. Of course a ST-LINK programmer is required. You can use any cheap version from ebay, or buy original one.

3. Debugger comes to mind (a part of the ST-link programmer). Plus your imagination  (you can output data on a serial interface, blink a led, whatever).

Cube and ST-LInk are available on ST.com (just google), Keil IDE can be found on keil.com (registration required in both cases).

Bogdan

Posted on June 27, 2017 at 09:32

Hi Bogdan Golab,

Thank you for the information, this worked perfectly.