cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIFO Mode of LIS2DE12

Fahad Mirza
Associate II
Posted on October 21, 2017 at 00:43

I am trying read the X, Y, Z values in FIFO mode. I don't understand the reading procedure.

Do I need to start reading from FIFO_READ_START and continue reading 6 bytes and then initiate another reading from FIFO_READ_START?

or

Do I need to read 

OUT_X_H (2bytes), 

OUT_Y_H

(2bytes)

and 

OUT_Z_H

(2bytes) and continue till I read all 32 levels?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Miroslav BATEK
ST Employee
Posted on October 23, 2017 at 10:35

Basically both ways are possible. You can read the FIFO content in several 6-bytes read transaction starting from FIFO_READ_START (28h) or you can repeat reading of  X, Y, Z separately data in 2-bytes read transaction. There is also possibility to read the whole FIFO in one 192-bytes read transaction.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Miroslav BATEK
ST Employee
Posted on October 23, 2017 at 10:35

Basically both ways are possible. You can read the FIFO content in several 6-bytes read transaction starting from FIFO_READ_START (28h) or you can repeat reading of  X, Y, Z separately data in 2-bytes read transaction. There is also possibility to read the whole FIFO in one 192-bytes read transaction.

Posted on November 08, 2017 at 20:39

Hello Miroslav,

I have one confusion. LIS2DE12 provides 8-bit value. So why do I need to read two bytes? Isn't it supposed to be 1 byte for a single axis, 3 bytes for a single FIFO and 96 bytes for whole FIFO?

Posted on November 10, 2017 at 10:52

See

https://community.st.com/0D50X00009XkXeoSAF