Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SPWF04 Error:50:Unable to access filesystem

Marc ZK
Associate II
Posted on June 29, 2017 at 10:05

Hi 

I am using a SPWF04, and I am connecting it to PC using 

STM32 Nucleo as USB2UART bridge ( This is running WiFi VCOM , STM32L476RG-Nucleo project.bin )

I am working on a project where I want to have a webpage on the SPWF04 (similar to the example applications). The SPWF04 will be in Wi-Fi AP mode, and allow connection from mobile devices.  The mobile device will hit the webpage - which in turn will cause SSI calls to the SPWF04 module.   I will then have micropython code on the SPWF04 that will receive the SSI call (through +WIND notifications) and will return the relevant data for the SSI field.

The micropython will also have an open connection to UART/USB to a PC - and will send/receive messages on that port.

I am currently experiencing some issues that I hope you can help with:

1)  Please could you confirm that for development purposes, I am using the 

STM32 Nucleo as USB2UART bridge in the correct way i.e. using WiFi VCOM  - or should i be using something else on the Nucleo?

2)  Using TeraTerm, I connect to the SPWF04/Nucleo from PC/USB - with baud rate 115200 and with 1msec/char transmit delay (as recommended on a previous post).  I have sometimes had issues wiht accessing the filesystem. i.e. When i sent AT+S.FSL  - i get a response of AT-S.ERROR:50:Unable to access filesystem

What causes this? and how can i resolve it?

(UPDATE:  I have noticed that I am getting a +WIND:7:Configuration Failure:13 - which from the documentation is detailed as '

13. Shown when APP disk cannot be mounted'.  (AT+S.STS shows app_fs=0 and user_fs=0)

3)  I have tried connecting to the SWPF04/Nucleo from a python script running on the PC.  This opens the serial port and sends AT commands (SWPF04 in console_enabled = 1 mode).  Some of the characters of the AT command appear to get lost e.g.  The script may send AT+RESET<cr> - but the response is 'AT+RSET unknown'.  

3 REPLIES 3
Posted on June 29, 2017 at 13:27

Ciao,

1) you can use STM32 (+ VCOM application) or dedicated HW (like 

http://www.st.com/content/st_com/en/products/evaluation-tools/solution-evaluation-tools/communication-and-connectivity-solution-eval-boards/steval-pcc018v1.html

) to send AT-commands;

2) APP_Disk is intended to be always mounted. Probably you erased module's flash @ address 0x08100000. Download and flash again full image available online, or perform an OTA update on APP_Disk;

3) if you are using latest VCOM FW (v3.0.2), no more data loss should be in place. Please let me know if you are aligned with this version.

BR

jerry

Posted on June 29, 2017 at 13:36

Thank you for clarifying

1) I will continue to use STM +VCOM

2) I have now updated the filesystem using a created filesystem and the FSUPDATE=i, command.  I have noticed that the default files all seem to look correct (ie, filesize > 0) but for some of the html files that I have created the file is detailed in the FSL listing but the filesize is set to 0, so i need to look into why that has happened

3) I am using VCOM FW (v3.0.2).  What settings are recommended when running from a PC using Python to open serial port, rather than TeraTerm.  ( What do you need to set inter_byte_timeout' on the PySerial port ?  and/or rtscts etc?)

Mareike H
Associate II
Posted on September 01, 2017 at 12:39

I got the same error as I tried to enable WIFI depending on the content of a file so I set:

AT+S.WIFI=0

AT+S.SCFG=wifi_mode,3

AT+S.WCFG

AT+S.RESET

I found out that you have to set WIFI=1 once after reset to be able to acces the filesystem. (firmware version 1.0.0)